- City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour of Johannesburg by double-decker bus
- Create a personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore Johannesburg at your own pace
- Visit attractions including the Apartheid Museum Old Forte, SAB World of Beer and Origins Centre and Planetarium
- Explore the Newtown Precinct, Constitution Hill and downtown's mining district
- Enjoy informative audio commentary aboard the bus
Recent Photos of This Tour
- City Bus TourPhoto by: Siriporn D
- Fontaine - Gold Reef CityPhoto by: Danielle D
- The old City Hall buildingPhoto by: wendy v
- The Constitutional CourtPhoto by: wendy v
- Passing through the ...Photo by: wendy v
- Johannesburg City HallPhoto by: wendy v
What You Can Expect
Join this hop-on hop-off bus tour of Johannesburg at any of the 12 stops in the city and then enjoy the view from the open-air top level of the double-decker bus. Listen to the audio commentary explain the sights, like Ghandi Square, Gold Reef City Theme Park and Constitution Hill.
A complete loop of the bus route lasts roughly 1.5 hours, and you can stay on board the bus the whole time to get an overview of the city. You can also choose to get off the bus at any stop to explore nearby attractions, re-boarding the next bus to continue your tour.
Head to Carlton Centre for a trip to the viewing platform at the top of the tower. Stop into a museum or two, like the Apartheid Museum or Workers Museum. Walk around in Johannesburg’s mining district. Or take a tour at the SAB World of Beer.
Select either a 1-day or a 2-day ticket, each of which let you hop on and off the bus as many times as you like during the specified ticket period. Tickets are validated starting with the time of first use.
City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Gautrain Park Station
- Ghandi Square
- Carlton Centre (access to ‘top of Africa’ viewing platform)
- Santorama Miniland
- James Hall Transport Museum
- Gold Reef City Theme Park
- Apartheid Museum
- Mining District Walk
- Newtown Precinct (access to SAB World of Beer, Science Museum, Workers Museum, Market Theatre)
- Origins Centre at Wits
- The Grove (Braamfontein)
This is the way to see a city that you are not familiar with. The bus goes where tourists want to go and want to see. Safe and time saving. Would do it again in Johannesburg or wherever we visit.
Had bus problems and had to wait for another bus. The company was great though in that they did everything possible to get the tour back on track. It is a great way to get around the city and see a lot.
Excellent way to see Jo Burg - Safe fast clean and efficient. Good value . JoBurg is no a city you want to be wandering around by yourself if you're not familiar with the unsafe areas so this is an excellent way to get about
Nice arrangement for ones who only have half day or a couple hours in Joburg
This tour was outstanding!! Very informative and the hop on, hop off style works very well. You can choose how much time you want to spend and where. Staff was terrific. Buses were right on time. Very friendly and outgoing. Tour is designed extremely well. A plus all around.
Perfect tour and perfect employers
This tour covered both the Johannesburg CBD and Soweto. Convenient way of taking in the sights if you don't have too much time to spare. I only had a day and this was an excellent way of seeing Johannesburg. You hop on the bus, plug in the ear piece provided, and finally tune the audio set to the language you desire. It introduces the sights to you throughout the ride. I found the commentary surprisingly informative and a good reflection of the cities role in the history of South Africa. The ride follows a pre-determined loop and you get to see all the main attractions and monuments of Johannesburg. I also joined the extension tour to Soweto, which was a very culturally rich and rewarding experience. Both are highly recommended!
Very friendly staff, a well-conducted tour. On-time departures and arrivals. Great intro to the city of Johannesburg. Enjoyed the experience so much I booked a hop-on hop-off tour in Cape Town. Recommended!
It was very good and the people were polite and helpful
This tour was amazing!