- Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of Johannesburg by double-decker bus
- Create a personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore Johannesburg at your own pace
- Visit attractions including the Apartheid Museum Old Forte, SAB World of Beer and Origins Centre and Planetarium
- Explore the Newtown Precinct, Constitution Hill and downtown's mining district
- Enjoy informative audio commentary aboard the bus
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the open-top, double-decker bus at any of the 12 stops around the city and sit back as you admire top Johannesburg attractions including Constitution Hill, Ghandi Square and the Gold Reef City Theme Park.
You can remain on the bus and listen to the informative audio commentary during the entire 1.5-hour loop, or hop on and off as you wish to explore independently. Visit the Carlton Centre skyscraper, the city’s largest center of commerce, for access to the ‘top of Africa’ viewing platform. Take a walk through the downtown mining district, visit the city’s many museums, including the Workers Museum and Apartheid Museum, or enjoy a visit to the SAB World of Beer.
Choose between a 1-day or 2-day ticket for unlimited travel from the time of first use.
Hop-On Hop-Off Stops:
- Gautrain Park Station
- Ghandi Square
- Carlton Centre (access to ‘top of Africa’ viewing platform)
- Santorama Miniland
- James Hall Transport Museum
- Gold Reef City Theme Park
- Apartheid Museum
- Mining District Walk
- Newtown Precinct (access to SAB World of Beer, Science Museum, Workers Museum, Market Theatre)
- Origins Centre at Wits
- The Grove (Braamfontein)
Perfect tour and perfect employers
This tour covered both the Johannesburg CBD and Soweto. Convenient way of taking in the sights if you don't have too much time to spare. I only had a day and this was an excellent way of seeing Johannesburg. You hop on the bus, plug in the ear piece provided, and finally tune the audio set to the language you desire. It introduces the sights to you throughout the ride. I found the commentary surprisingly informative and a good reflection of the cities role in the history of South Africa. The ride follows a pre-determined loop and you get to see all the main attractions and monuments of Johannesburg. I also joined the extension tour to Soweto, which was a very culturally rich and rewarding experience. Both are highly recommended!