- 5-hour Johannesburg cultural walking tour, led by a friendly local guide
- Walk through Main Street Mall and pose for pictures in front of Ghandi Square’s art display
- Walk through Main Street Mall and pose for pictures in front of Ghandi Square’s art exhibition
- Explore Newtown precinct, and visit Museum Africa and Market Theatre at Mary Fitzgerald Square
- Tour SAB World of Beer and finish with drinks in the Tap Room
What You Can Expect
Head down and take to the streets for your walking tour, strolling along pavements lined with both historic and new buildings. Walk through Main Street Mall, where the architecture resembles old mining buildings, and then stop in Ghandi Square to pose for photos in front of a colorful art display that celebrates Johannesburg’s multicultural roots.
Continue to Newtown, the quirky neighborhood that’s known as the cultural hub of Johannesburg, with a multitude of sightseeing opportunities. Start with a walk around Mary Fitzgerald Square -- one of South Africa’s last colonial compounds – and soak up its bustling ambiance as you weave through the crowds. Head inside Museum Africa to learn about Africa’s indigenous people on a tour, and then stop to admire its collection of Pre-Raphaelite and Impressionist paintings with your guide.
Continue to Market Theatre, located in the city’s old fruit and vegetable market, and hear how it was one of the few places where all races could mingle freely during the difficult Apartheid era.
Board your minibus for a drop-off at your Johannesburg hotel.