- Gold mining and panning tour to Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin from Juneau
- Keep all the gold you find!
- Start your adventure with a tour of Juneau and the Alaska State Capitol building
- Receive an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate for the gold you find
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Learn how to pan for gold and hear why thousands of people hurried to the region to strike it rich during the Gold Rush of the late 1800s. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it yourself! You can either pan for gold in the creek or go in the waist-high water in the demonstration trough. During your search, you'll be surrounded by the building remnants of the Alaska-Juneau Mining Company, which closed in 1944 due to the WWII labor shortage.
End your day of gold mining with an appreciation of one of Alaska’s most important events, as well as all the gold you find and an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate!