Embark on an unforgettable Alaskan wilderness adventure on this small-group day trip to the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, a protected wildlife location with the highest concentration of brown bears in the world! From Juneau, join your guide on a scenic floatplane ride over Alaska’s Inside Passage and Tongass National Forest to Windfall Island. Then, kayak to the mouth of Pack Creek on Admiralty Island and witness Grizzly bears in their natural habitat – truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area requires a permit to visit, and for the first time since 1997, the National Forest Service has awarded these exclusive and limited visitation permits to tour operators. Book this tour to make sure you don’t miss out on the amazing chance to enter the viewing area.
- Exclusive Alaska bear viewing adventure to Pack Creek from Juneau
See brown bears in their natural habitat at the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area (the highest concentration of brown bears in the world!)
- Kayak to Admiralty Island, the location of the viewing area
- Enjoy two scenic 25-minute floatplane rides over Alaska's Inside Passage
- Small-group tour with complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off ensures a more personalized experience
- Limited number of permits -- likely to sell out!
- Hearty snack and bottled water included
What You Can Expect
For a truly incredible Alaskan experience, head to Admiralty Island and visit the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area, known as the ‘Fortress of the Bears’ by the indigenous Tlingit people. This protected habitat has the largest brown bear population in the world (with four times as many brown bears as Yellowstone National Park!).
Just as exciting as the bears themselves is the route you’ll take to get to them. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Juneau and drive you to your floatplane for a scenic 25-minute flight over the scenic Tongass National Forest and the Inside Passage to Windfall Island. Next, board a kayak and paddle through Windfall Harbor with your small group to Admiralty Island, observing the beautiful scenery (and possibly bears) along that way!
When you get there, your guide will choose the best spot to view the Grizzly bears – climb to the lookout towers and see brown bears romping in the meadows, or head to the secret alcoves and observe the bears catching salmon and swimming in the creeks, rivers and streams!
Due to the limited number of permits, this exclusive opportunity will sell out quickly, so don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure!
- 30 minutes - Van ride from Downtown Juneau to floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight from Juneau
- 1.5 hours - Kayak orientation and kayak adventure
- 3 hours - Brown bear viewing
- 30 minutes - Kayak back to the floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight back to Juneau
- 30 minutes - Transport back to Downtown Juneau
Only one word: AMAZING! This was a great company to deal with. Corey was a fantastic guide and pretty good photographer! Would highly recommend this tour. Not only did we see bears, but we had a float plane trip and kayak included. Magical day.
This was an amazing day tour, the kayaking was fun, and getting to see the grizzlies was great. We were also lucky to get to see another 12+ grizzlies as we were flying back at the end of the night including babies. We had two fun and informational tour guides. This is a tour that I would highly recommend to others.