- Traditional, all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake from Juneau port
- Savor the smells of salmon grilling over an open fire
- Enjoy a menu that includes baked beans, pasta, salad, beverages and more
- Roast marshmallows over the open fire after your meal
- Visit the Salmon Creek waterfall or sift for gold on your own at Wagner Mine
- Watch a Tlingit Master Carver at work
- Port pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Finish your feast with blueberry cake, and wash your meal down with beer and wine (own expense). Walk off your hearty meal with any number of activities.
Hike up to the Salmon Creek waterfall or glimpse inside the entrance of the historic Wagner Mine. See mining relics inside and get into the spirit by sifting for gold on your own using a nearby trough. Back at the campfire, toast some marshmallows for a snack.
Watch Doug Chilton, a Tlingit Master Carver, and his son, work on two 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and silver jewelry. Hear more about Tlingit culture and their ancestral craft, and feel free to ask questions. Pick up one-of-a-kind souvenirs from the gift shop.
After your all-inclusive Alaskan experience, board a shuttle and return your cruise ship.
The food was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly.
The salmon bake is a good place to see behind the salmon bake restaurant there's a creek and it is beautiful. The Salmon is fantastic and so the other food.
We did the Salmon Bake in June and had a beautiful afternoon for it. The campsite and surroundings were very picturesque and the food was quite enjoyable, definitely glad we did it