The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area requires a permit to visit, and for the first time since 1997, the National Forest Service has awarded these exclusive and limited visitation permits to tour operators. Book this tour to make sure you don’t miss out on the amazing chance to enter the viewing area.
- Exclusive Alaska shore excursion to Pack Creek bear viewing area from Juneau
- See brown bears roaming free at the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area (the highest concentration of brown bears in the world!)
- Kayak through Alaska's Inside Passage to Admiralty Island -- the location of the viewing area
- Two scenic 25-minute floatplane rides over Alaska's Inside Passage and Tongass National Forest
- Small-group tour with complimentary port pickup and drop-off ensures a more personalized experience
- Likely to sell out!
- Hearty snack and bottled water provided
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Just as exciting as the bears themselves is the route you’ll take to get to them. Your guide will pick you up from the cruise port in Juneau and drive you to your floatplane for a scenic 25-minute flight over the scenic Tongass National Forest and the Inside Passage to Windfall Island. Next, board a kayak and paddle through Windfall Harbor with your small group to Admiralty Island, observing the beautiful scenery (and possibly bears) along that way!
When you get there, your guide takes you to the best spot to view the bears – climb to the lookout towers and see brown bears romping in the meadows, or head to the secret alcoves and observe the bears catching salmon and swimming in the creeks, rivers and streams!
Due to the limited number of permits, this exclusive opportunity will sell out quickly!
- 30 minutes - Van ride from Downtown Juneau to floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight from Juneau
- 1.5 hours - Kayak orientation and kayak adventure
- 3 hours - Brown bear viewing
- 30 minutes - Kayak back to the floatplane
- 25 minutes - Floatplane flight back to Juneau
- 30 minutes - Transport back to Downtown Juneau
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-ofcall. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.