The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area issues a limited number of visitation permits, exclusively to tour operators. Avoid disappointment by booking this tour well in advance.
- Shore excursion to Pack Creek Bear Viewing Area from Juneau
- See brown bears roaming free in their natural environment
- Kayak through Alaska's Inside Passage to Admiralty Island, the location of the viewing area
- Enjoy two scenic 25-minute floatplane rides over Alaska's Inside Passage and Tongass National Forest
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
- Hearty snack and bottled water provided
- Likely to sell out!
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area has four times more brown bears than in Yellowstone National Park! With these favorable numbers, you'll definitely see bears in action.
What You Can Expect
After convenient morning port pickup, kick off your tour with a floatplane flight over Tongass National Forest and the Inside Passage. Your pilot makes a smooth landing 25 minutes later on Windfall Island. Receive a safety briefing for your kayaking journey through Windfall Harbor, and then following your guide, paddle to the mouth of Pack Creek on Admiralty Island.
Secure your kayak on shore and walk to prime viewing locations to observe grizzly and brown bears in their natural environment. Head over to creeks and streams to see them swimming or catching salmon, and climb up lookout towers to see bears romping around.
Spend a leisurely three hours watching bears, before you kayak back to the floatplane site. Your shore excursion ends with van transport back to Juneau port.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required. Visitors to the Pack Creek Brown Bear Viewing Area must have a permit, which is limited in number and provided to tour operators only. As permits sell out quickly, make sure to book this tour well in advance.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-ofcall. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.