- Enjoy three fantastic Juneau experiences with this Viator Exclusive shore excursion
- See top Juneau sites including the historic Red Dog Saloon and Juneau Capitol Building on a sightseeing coach tour
- Spot whales and other native wildlife on a 2-hour whale-watching cruise
- Enjoy free time to explore Mendenhall Glacier at your own pace
- Admire views of Mendenhall Glacier from several perspectives and learn about glacier formation at the visitor's center
Recent Photos of This Tour
- WHALE WATCHINGPhoto by: Vinay G
- Mendenhall GlacierPhoto by: Julie H
- mendenhallPhoto by: Sykodad
- BreachPhoto by: Michael L
- Mendenhall glacierPhoto by: STEVEN G
- humpback whalePhoto by: STEVEN G
- MendellhallPhoto by: STEVEN G
- Spring WaterPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Porcupine TreePhoto by: eyesonchrist
- High Bush CranberriesPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Rainforest PhotoPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Bald EaglePhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Spawning SalmonPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Galcier CalvesPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Mendenhall GlacierPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Bubble Net FishingPhoto by: eyesonchrist
- Humpback WhalesPhoto by: kirk.heflin
- One of the whales we sawPhoto by: Allison H
- Juneau whalePhoto by: Patrick B
- Humpback whale breachingPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
Next, it’s time to hit the waters. Board a boat from Auke Bay for your 2-hour whale-watching cruise and delight in seeing an array of wildlife, including seals, sea lions, bald eagles and black bears. When humpback whales and orcas are sighted, the boat will slow down so that you can capture the perfect action shot. Hungry or thirsty in between sightings? No problem, snacks and beverages are available on board.
Then, you’ll be driven to Mendenhall Glacier, one of 38 glaciers flowing from the massive 1,500-square-mile (3,885-sq-km) ice field. The shuttle back to Juneau port leaves every 30 minutes, giving you flexibility to get to know the glacier at your own pace.
You may want to walk along Nugget Creek Falls or Photo Point Trail, which winds along Mendenhall Lake and provides clear views of the glacier. Interested in knowing more about the glacier’s formation? Discover interactive geological exhibits at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center.
When you’re ready to leave, hop on the shuttle to return to Juneau port.
Please note: This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy. This tour provides about 30 minutes to 45 minutes at Mendenhall Glacier. Plan your time accordingly at the glacier and ensure your timely return to the port. If you would like to stay longer, you may have to skip the city tour.
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals — from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences — and are not available from other 3rd-party online sellers.
Amazing time, just beautiful! Well organized and on time.
It was a great experience - we started with the city tour then Mendenhall Glacier, I believe doing it this way we had plenty of time to follow all the trails , one to the shore line of the glacier and the other to Nugget falls, it was a long trail but a surprising end for it took you directly in front of the falls where you can take pictures and view the scenic beauty. After the falls we went on the whale watch portion of the tour - that was a spine jarring choppy ride out to see them, once there we saw a pod of about 6 whales - they were not close but we were able to see them and take some pics, what a great experience we had and we enjoyed ourselves - the Juneau Tour company was on time, scheduled and did a great job for their customers
Our guide said it was one of the top 3 times that he had seen the whole season. We had Humpbacks all around us and saw them fully breach several times!!! We got to witness whales lunge feeding and got many looks at whale tails as they prepared to dive down deep. Our captain Jason and his mate Steve were awesome and energetic and made the trip and sightings exciting, especially for our children.
The Mendenhall Glacier was amazon. the City Tour was very informative but the Whale watching was out of this world. Seeing Humpback whale bubble feeding is the most special thing that has ever happen too me. I seen a lot of humpback whale but never feeding like that.
Local people outstanding. Having booked other excursions directly with cruise line, hands down this one directly with local people not employed by cruise line was by far the best one of entire trip. The pricing was also better as the proverbial middle man, I.e.cruise line was not in the mix! Kudos for a job well done!
Whale watching experience was fantastic. We observed the whales breaching jumping out of the sea. Tour guides were very informative. Mendenhall Glacier was a great sight to see. City tour was OK.
This is a wonderful way to see all three parts of Juneau in a day. We toured the city, visited the glacier and went whale watching on a sunny day. The guides were great and we learned a lot in short amount of time.
Did we see whales - yes!! and sea lions as well.Thank you for a great experience.
Most importantly, we saw whales! The excursion was well co-ordinated. All of the people were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The boat itself was brand new.
Thoroughly enjoyed. Yes, we did see some whales! The Glacier was worth seeing as well. Recommend.
It was wonderful the whales were amazing and out host were friendly and knowledgeable