- Private shore excursion of Juneau in a luxury Hummer
- Choice of a 4-hour or 8-hour private tour
- Customize your day with your choice of activities, such as visiting Mendenhall Glacier, taking a city tour of Juneau or going on a nature walk
- Professional guide will also be your chauffeur
- Your Hummer fits up to 4 adults
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Meet your chauffeur/guide at your hotel, where you’ll be escorted to your rugged, yet plush Hummer H2, your vehicle for the next four or eight hours (depending on selection) to experience Juneau and its surrounds on your own terms and your own schedule.
You’ll be briefed on a variety of tour options that are available for you. Do as much or as little as you like. Choose from active experiences or more relaxing options, and feel free to mix and match -- it’s entirely up to you. Do you have a special interest, such as photography or hiking? No problem. Your chauffeur/guide will help you create a personal tour experience.
Sightseeing options include Mendenhall Glacier, downtown Juneau, the Governor’s Mansion, University of Alaska-Southeast, the Shrine of St Therese (patron saint of Alaska), the Alaska State Museum or a guided nature hike. (Nominal fees apply for entrance to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center and the Alaska State Museum). Please see full list of options below in the Itinerary section.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Gold Creek Salmon Bake: 1.5 hours
- Historic Gold Mining & Panning Adventure: 1 hour
- Glacier View Sea Kayaking: 2.25 hours
- Wilderness Hiking: 1.5 to 2 hours
- City & Mendenhall Glacier (seasonal bear viewing): 1.5 hours
- Shrine of St Therese: 3 hours
very knowledgeable guide ,we saw what we came to see plus he stopped for some great photos.
Private tour of Juneau with a stop at the Alaskan Brewing Company; the tour met our needs and got us away from the hordes of cruise people