- Wildlife kayaking shore excursion in Tongass National Forest from Juneau port
- Capture views of Mendenhall, Herbert and Eagle glaciers during a scenic drive
- Pass beautiful forests and see wildlife like eagles, beavers and deer as you kayak
- Keep watch for possible sightings of orcas and humpback whales
- Round-trip port transport, snack and beverages included
- Enjoy a memorable experience on this small-group tour limited to 12 people
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Paddle off after your guide and drift along as you pass forests of hemlock and spruce, as well as peat bogs. Keep watch for eagles, beavers and deer. The waters are glacier-fed and nutrient-rich, which means an array of wildlife, including sea lions, porpoises and birds, populates this area in search of food. If you’re here during the summer, you may spot the occasional orca or humpbacks looking for food on their migration to Hawaii.
Keep your camera out and snap photo-worthy moments to remember your Alaskan outing. Your 5.5-hour shore excursion, which operates rain or shine, ends with transport back to Juneau port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Juneau for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Perfect! We were a small group of 4 with mixed experience kayaking. The boats (Current design, like my boat at home!) were terrific and the rest of the equipment was first class! Our guide Miles was knowledgable, enthusiastic and lots of fun! This excursion was one of the highlights of our trip in AK! The scenery was wonderful, and we got to see lots of eagles, salmon and a even a lone seal came close to our boats. We will recommend to our friends and will put it on our list of things to do again!
This was without a doubt the highlight of my entire Alaska vacation. We paddled out about two and a half miles and on our way back we came across a young humpback whale who was feeding in a cove. Even without seeing him this would have been the trip of a lifetime but that was icing of the cake. The weather was ideal and our guide was fabulous.
Great trip - knowledgeable guide and excellent equipment.
Megan and Brock were great guides! I was sort of dissapointed because we didn't do or see much after all the exhausting trouble of putting on all the equipment they provide you and carrying everything to and from the dropping zone.