- Whale-watching cruise and Mt Roberts combo shore excursion in Juneau
- Cruise through Auke Bay and the Inside Passage on a custom-designed whale-watching boat
- Spot humpback whales and other native wildlife like sea lions, bald eagles and black bears
- Ride the aerial tram up to Timberline Bar & Grill on Mt Roberts
- Enjoy a meal of grilled salmon as you admire the views of Juneau and its beautiful alpine surroundings
- Stay on Mt Roberts after your tour ends, if you wish, to explore the hiking trails
- Choose one of several tour times throughout the morning and afternoon
What You Can Expect
As you travel through the Inside Passage, keep your eyes open for native marine life like seals, sea lions, orcas and, of course, humpback whales, the star attraction. You may also catch sight of bald eagles and black bears.
When a humpback is spotted, your captain will slow down so you can get your camera ready and gather on the spacious viewing deck. The heated indoor cabin also provides an unrestricted view of the water, if you’re cold.
After your boat returns to the harbor, head back to Juneau by coach and board the aerial tram at the base of Mt Roberts to be whisked 1,800 feet (550 meters) up to Timberline Bar & Grill. Sit down to a satisfying meal of coho salmon grilled to perfection and served with seasonal vegetables. While you eat, admire the views of Juneau and its surrounding landscape of mountains and the Gastineau Channel.
Your shore excursion ends here, where you can stay on Mt Roberts to explore the hiking trails at your leisure, or just soak up more of the views. Take the tram back down on your own when you’re ready to re-board your cruise ship.
This excursion is an approximate 10-minute walk from the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Juneau. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
We saw the most spectacular groups of whales. The captain and naturalist were extremely knowledgeable, and showed us how to see where the whales would come up. because of the small size of the boat, we were able to get much closer than some of the other boats in the area.
And the seafood meal was a treat -we were allowed to choose from the menu with many different choices.