- Gold panning and salmon bake combo tour from Juneau
- Spend your morning or afternoon learning how to pan for gold in Gold Creek
- Enjoy a traditional Alaskan salmon bake
- Learn about the history of the Gold Rush
- Keep all the gold you find!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Your day starts in Juneau, where your guide will take you on a brief tour of Alaska’s capital city. From there, head up to Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin, where you will learn all there is to know about gold panning, the simplest form of gold mining. Get the hang of it with help from your guide, and then try it on your own! Everything you find is yours to keep. You also receive an Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate, signifying the gold you’ve discovered.
After you’ve built up your appetite, make your way with your guide to a traditional Alaskan salmon bake located nearby! Your lunch or dinner (depending on your chosen tour time) includes grilled salmon, Cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta and more! Eat as much as you like, and then roast marshmallows on the fire, take a walk to the historic Wagner Mine or take the shuttle back to Juneau. There are several departure times in the evening, so you may choose the one to fit your schedule.