- Experience the best of Juneau in one day!
- Get fantastic up-close views of the famous Mendenhall Glacier
- Embark on a whale-watching adventure on a sightseeing boat around Auke Bay
- Enjoy the aromas and flavors of a traditional Alaskan salmon bake
- Watch a Tlingit Master Carver at work and learn about his ancestral craft
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Juneau hotels included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- On the way to Nugget FallsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Nugget Trail @ Medenhall ...Photo by: Elaine Chan
- Medenhall observation deckPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- MEDENHALL GLACIERPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Dinner at Salmon BakePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Juicy SalmonsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Salmon BakePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- WhalePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- SealionsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
What You Can Expect
Continue to Auke Bay for your whale-watching cruise. The extra-large windows and exterior observation deck of the 48-passenger jet boat give you prime vantage points to spot humpback whales. Hear about the surrounding geology and marine life from your naturalist guide on board.
Back on land, settle in for an all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake, with traditional menu items that typically include grilled salmon, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages, and a mouthwatering selection of other side dishes. (Beer and wine are available for purchase.) Finish off your meal with blueberry cake for dessert.
You’ll also get to see a Tlingit Master Carver and his son at work. Watch as they carve into 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and fashion silver jewelry. Gain insight into their craft and Tlingit culture, and then perhaps purchase unique works of art as souvenirs from the gift shop.
Your 6-hour experience ends with a relaxing drive back to your hotel in Juneau.
Saw the most incredible sightings of orcas and humpbacks up close. A very memorable viewing of the glacier and great salmon bake. Lots of food and tasted great.
Marvellous experience! Love the tagline of "Full refund if Whale are not spotted". We were surrounded by whales and spot a hill of sea lions. Dinner at Salmon Bake is good as well
Very good tour. Wished for a little more time at the Glacier. Whale watching was great. Salmon Bake was okay.
I was expecting more and the buffet was not to my expectations.