- Experience the best of Juneau in one day!
- Get fantastic up-close views of the famous Mendenhall Glacier
- Embark on a whale-watching adventure on a sightseeing boat around Auke Bay
- Enjoy the aromas and flavors of a traditional Alaskan salmon bake
- Watch a Tlingit Master Carver at work and learn about his ancestral craft
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Juneau hotels included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- On the way to Nugget FallsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Nugget Trail @ Medenhall ...Photo by: Elaine Chan
- Medenhall observation deckPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- MEDENHALL GLACIERPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Dinner at Salmon BakePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Juicy SalmonsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
- Salmon BakePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- WhalePhoto by: Elaine Chan
- SealionsPhoto by: Elaine Chan
What You Can Expect
Then, begin your whale-watching experience. Board a 48-passenger sightseeing boat and cruise along the beautiful Auke Bay. Your onboard naturalist guide provides an in-depth look at the surrounding sea life. Learn how more than 65 humpback whales migrate to the area each year! The extra-large windows and exterior observation deck make for excellent whale spotting.
End your day tasting the flavors of a traditional, all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake. Menu items include grilled salmon, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages, a robust selection of other side dishes and a delicious blueberry cake for dessert. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
You’ll also have the chance to meet Doug Chilton, a Tlingit Master Carver, and his son, as they work on two 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and silver jewelry. Listen to the artisans share their ancestral lore and culture, and feel free to ask questions. Pick up original works of art as souvenirs from the on-site gift shop.
After your all-inclusive Juneau experience, enjoy a relaxing, scenic drive back to your hotel.
Marvellous experience! Love the tagline of "Full refund if Whale are not spotted". We were surrounded by whales and spot a hill of sea lions. Dinner at Salmon Bake is good as well
Very good tour. Wished for a little more time at the Glacier. Whale watching was great. Salmon Bake was okay.
I was expecting more and the buffet was not to my expectations.