- Enjoy three amazing Juneau experiences with this Viator Exclusive
- See sites including the historic Red Dog Saloon, the Juneau Capitol Building and the Governor's Mansion on a sightseeing coach tour
- Spot whales and other native wildlife on a 2-hour whale-watching cruise
- Explore Mendenhall Glacier National Park at your own pace
- Capture views of Mendenhall Glacier from several perspectives and learn about glacier formation at the visitor's center
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Please note: This tour provided 30 minutes to 45 minutes at the glacier. if you would like to stay longer, you may have to skip the city tour portion to accommodate that.
We started with the whale watching which was awesome. The guide was excellent, she was informative, enthusiastic and friendly. We were all so excited to see several whales and the boats skipper made sure that we all had an opportunity to take photos.
We were taken from there to the Mendenhall Glacier which really is a spectacle. We walked to the waterfall and thoroughly enjoyed this experience.
After the Glacier we should have returned to the Juneau bus depot for the Juneau City tour but we didn't have enough time to get back for this. It was after 5pm when we got back.
With hindsight I think we should have booked to start the trip earlier in the morning and then we could have fitted everything in. We chose 11:00.
We did have an amazing day and the trip was well worth the money.
Whale watching was fantastic! Not enough time at the Glacier, we were there on the last cruise ship of the season and were taken to the Glacier first and had to be back to the bus stop in an hour to go the the whale watching destination. Better to do the whale watching first and then take the shuttle back at your leisure.