- Half-day Juneau tour combining a whale-watching cruise and tram and salmon meal on Mt Roberts
- Travel through Auke Bay and the Inside Passage on a custom-designed whale-watching boat
- Look for humpback whales, sea lions, bald eagles and other native wildlife
- Ride the Mt Roberts aerial tram up to Timberline Bar & Grill
- Dine on grilled salmon as you admire the views of Juneau and its beautiful alpine surroundings
- Stay on Mt Roberts after your tour ends, if you wish, to explore the hiking trails
- Choose one of several tour times throughout the morning and afternoon
What You Can Expect
As you cruise through the Inside Passage, keep your eyes open for local wildlife such as seals, sea lions, bald eagles, black bears, orcas and, of course, humpback whales, the star attraction. When a humpback is spotted, your captain will slow down so you can gather on the spacious viewing deck with your camera ready. The heated and enclosed indoor cabin also provides an unrestricted view of the water.
When your cruise returns to the harbor, head back to Juneau by coach and board the Mt Roberts aerial tram, which whisks you 1,800 feet (550 meters) up Mt Roberts to Timberline Bar & Grill. Sit down to a satisfying meal of coho salmon grilled to perfection and served with seasonal vegetables, accompanied by views of Juneau and its surrounding landscape of mountains and the Gastineau Channel.
The tour ends here, where you can stay on Mt Roberts to explore the hiking trails at leisure, or just soak up more of the views. Take the tram back down on your own when you’re ready.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. We saw several whales and were the first tour of the season to see Orcas. The salmon lunch atop Mt. Roberts was great. We were taken to see the Mendenhall Glacier, which we didn't expect. The total value of the tour far exceeded what we would have received from the Princess tour. We would highly recommend this tour.
Staff on the whale watching cruise were very knowledgeable and accommodating despite bad weather. We saw humpback whales within a few feet of the boat. Also we were able to see an eagle and sea lions. Mt Roberts is very neat. We would have loved to hike on the mountain but it was raining heavily. I was disappointed in the meal however. The waiters were confused with our voucher. We could not order from the menu. Instead we were provided with a small piece of baked salmon and salad. It was good but the portion was very small. Nothing to drink was included with the voucher so we paid extra for our ice tea.