- Half day mountain bike tour to Chobar and Kirtipur from Kathmandu
- Bike along the beautiful Chobar Gorge and Bagmati River
- Explore ancient villages in Nepal and learn about local culture from your expert guide
- Check out the renowned woodcarving, weaving and pottery of the Newari people
- Enjoy a traditional Newari lunch at a local restaurant
- Take in the fresh air and breathtaking scenery on the outskirts of busy Kathmandu
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The ride along the bumpy path to rustic Kirtipur was definitely worth it – we loved getting awesome views of Kathmandu Valley and checking out the the Newari handicrafts!
What You Can Expect
Check out the suspension bridge that spans the gorge – it was carried across the mountains from India over a century ago! Below lies the Bagmati River, lined on one side by ghats where ritual ablutions and cremations sometimes take place.
Continue along a trail to one of the oldest parts of Kathmandu Valley, the historic town of Kirtipur. Perched on a ridge against a backdrop of the Himalayas, Kirtipur entrances visitors with its timeless atmosphere. Many of the town’s inhabitants are weavers – you may catch sight of dyed yarn hanging from the windows and hear the clattering of looms.
Wheel around the village while learning from your guide about the temples, architecture and handicrafts in Kirtipur. You’ll get familiar with the culture of the Newari people, who have historically inhabited the old urban areas of Nepal like Kathmandu. The Newari are known for superb craftmanship in pottery, woodworking, and other arts, as well as their fine cuisine.
Having worked up an appetite from your ride, relax at an authentic restaurant where you’ll eat local style – sitting on a straw mat and eating with your fingers! Sample delicious Newari dishes – the cuisine is known as some of the best in Nepal. After you’ve rested up, your guide will lead you back to Kathmandu.
This bike tour involves solid physical activity – you will need to have a good level of fitness to enjoy this tour.