- Half day mountain bike tour to Chobar and Kirtipur from Kathmandu
- Bike along the beautiful Chobar Gorge and Bagmati River
- Explore ancient villages in Nepal and learn about local culture from your expert guide
- Check out the renowned woodcarving, weaving and pottery of the Newari people
- Enjoy a traditional Newari lunch at a local restaurant
- Take in the fresh air and breathtaking scenery on the outskirts of busy Kathmandu
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The ride along the bumpy path to rustic Kirtipur was definitely worth it – we loved getting awesome views of Kathmandu Valley and checking out the the Newari handicrafts!
What You Can Expect
Great scenery, good guide, challenging level of difficulty resulting in a good riding workout.
definitely not for the unfit..which I was! Didn't think I would make the 29km but I did... .good look at the country side too.
This is not a tour for the inexperienced biker. I am a very fit person, walking and swimming miles each day. But I had never gone mountain biking before. The description doesn't accurately portray how difficult it will be for the novice mountain biker. This is not a leisurely ride through the country! Steep hills, rocky terrain, dogs running after you. I struggled most of the way, but made it through! The bikes are not good quality either, so be sure to bring gloves and padding if you have them, otherwise you will be very sore! But the views were stunning! You get to see a side of Kathmandu that you wouldn't get to see otherwise. The guide was kind and always made sure to stop when I was falling behind. We had a nice lunch on a hill that consisted of sandwiches, juice, and a candy bar. Also make sure to plan nothing for the following day as you will want to recover!