- Day trip from Kathmandu to two interesting religious sites
- Travel aboard a local bus to Budhanilkantha, the site of the sleeping Hindu god Vishnu
- Enjoy a moderate hike through Shivapuri National Park with your guide
- Follow a hidden path to Nagi Gompa, a hilltop Buddhist monastery offering gorgeous views of the Kathmandu valley
- Visit a local bazaar in Sundarijal
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Nice and close to the city. Monastery is cool!
Lovely hike, quite steep in parts, started at a Hindu temple with large reclining goddess in a pond, ascended through beautiful mostly unspoilt rainforest to Buddhist monastery at the peak, with monks praying and chanting, and later served us an authentic lunch, then down through more open forest with goats, monkeys etc to a couple more buddhist monasteries; our guide was a genuine Sherpa; an enjoyable day out
Pleasant hike to somewhat interesting places.
A nice hike through the Shivapuri national park, to reach the beautiful monastery Nagi Gumba near the peak of Shivapuri hill. A hike down from the other side of the mountain. I went mid-October it was very sunny, remember to get some sunscreen. Guide was definitely an expert knowing the path very well. Prepare for the local transport to and fro it is a bit crammy. All in all worth doing if you haven't got too many days to do a proper trek.
We wouldn't recomme this trip. The hiking was boring due to the pollution and fog with no scenery to see. Please be aware that there is no local transportation provided and we were not interested in getting on buses crowded with locals. We ended up to pay ourselves for the taxi ride.
The tour guide however is very nice and helpful.