- Enjoy an unforgettable evening rickshaw ride through Kathmandu
- Experience the city like a local as your driver navigates narrow lanes and back streets
- Soak up the lively, aromatic atmosphere as you travel from Thamel past bustling bazaars and market squares
- Spend time wandering through Durbar Square, home to food stalls, shops and centuries-old temples
- Learn about the places you see from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Sit back, relax and feel like a local as your driver expertly navigates through the backstreets and narrow lanes. Your guide will tell you about the places to see, and you'll be impressed by the myriad sights, sounds and smells of this energetic place as you pass bustling local markets and shops selling everything from pastries to pashminas. Your rickshaw seat provides the perfect platform to do a bit of window-shopping along the way!
Cruise past Asan, a popular vegetable and spice market and the oldest in Kathmandu, and arrive at Durbar Square, filled with centuries-old temples, palaces and shrines that are sure to enchant you.
Hop off your rickshaw and stroll through the square, find a spot on a bench to people-watch, or hang out in one of the hippie-era pie shops on Freak Street. Sip some warm chai tea or, if you’re feeling bold, sample fiery rakshi (a local brew similar to sake) at one of the local food stalls or taverns (own expense). There’s never a dull moment in this area.
After your time here, hop back on the rickshaw for your return ride to Thamel. By the end of your tour, you’ll surely agree that a rickshaw is the best way to experience Kathmandu!