- Cultural and spiritual tour of Kathmandu holy shrines that are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enter Pashupatinath temple, an important destination where Hindus pay respects to the god Shiva
- Learn about the beliefs and customs of the colorfully dressed Sadhus
- Visit Bodhnath, one of the world's largest stupas
- Speak with the monks at Bodhnath about Tibetan Buddhist traditions
- Enjoy lunch at a rooftop restaurant overlooking the Bodhnath stupa
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You can experience two of the holiest Hindu and Buddhist sites in Nepal in one day. Opt to have one of Nepal's most revered astrologers unlock the secrets of your future!
What You Can Expect
You’ll also have the chance to interact with the colorfully dressed Sadhu monks. Learn why the holy men give up worldly goods to signify devotion and liberation.
Outside the 17th-century temple, along the banks of the Bagmati River, cremation ceremonies regularly take place. Respect mourning families by refraining from photos or watching the ritual.
Next, travel by local transport for a short distance to Bodhnath. The shrine is an important religious site for Tibetan Buddhists, and one of the only places in the world that you can see the daily routines of Tibetan monks. The stupa sits along a historic trade route that stretches across Lhasa, Tibet, Nepal and India. Today, people still come to Bodhnath to pray before undertaking a daunting journey such as climbing the Himalayas.
Marvel at one of the world’s largest stupas as your guide explains Tibetan traditions. You might even see pilgrims spin prayer wheels as they circle the stupa. You’ll also have the opportunity to talk with resident monks about Buddhism and the practices you witness at Bodhnath.
After wrapping up at Bodhnath, enjoy a relaxing lunch at a nearby rooftop restaurant with a fantastic view overlooking the stupa. Then walk to the home of a renowned astrologer who will do a reading for you (own expense), if you wish!
After an enlightening day exploring Kathmandu’s spiritual side, your guide returns you to your hotel.