- Easy- to moderate-tubing excursion through Lihue Plantation and lunch in Kauai’s backcountry
- Learn the history of Lihue Plantation’s tropical waterway, engineered and built circa 1870
- Float down man-made ditches, tunnels, and flumes never before open to the public
- Travel in and out of tunnels, one of which is up to a mile (1.6 km) long
- Refuel with a picnic-style lunch near an enchanting natural water hole
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, you’ll receive your tube. Following a brief safety orientation, it’s time to finally get wet! The flowing current that originates near the top of Mt Waialeale—one of the wettest spots in the world— gently carries you through the tropical waterways. The calm waters don't require paddling, making it an easy ride for most fitness levels. For close to an hour, you’ll zip in and out of tunnels, including one that’s almost a mile (1.6 km) long. Flip on your headlamp to examine the hand-dug tunnels and consider the labor that went into creating the waterways across the 17,000-acre (6,880-hectare) plantation.
Please Note: Please put all passenger weights in the "special requirements" section during the checkout process. If you have children riding, please be sure to specify their ages in the "special requirements" section. Thank you.
Following your relaxing ride, get back on solid ground to enjoy a 45-minute lunch amidst the remote beauty of Kauai’s backcountry. Your picnic may include pita sandwiches, chips, cookies, and cold drinks. Take a dip in a natural swimming hole to cool off before saying goodbye to a seldom explored side of one of Hawaii’s most beautiful islands.
Tracy, Drake. Hollywood are some really cool guys. They all made us feel safe and made us laugh at the same time. This experience was different than most excursions I had heard of and we enjoyed it very much. Thank you to everyone!
This was the best thing we did! The guides were the absolute best. It is super funbut super layed back. The perfect leisure adcenture!