- 6-hour narrated tour of Kauai's famous movie sites
- Visit 13 iconic Kauai movie locations
- View film clips of some of the most notable movies filmed on the island
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch at Tahiti Nui where George Clooney's movie The Descendants was filmed
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Between stops, enjoy the views of Kauai’s spectacular natural gems. As you admire the sparkling turquoise bays, white sandy beaches, lush forests and plunging waterfalls, you’ll understand why Kauai is a popular setting for so many films!
Enjoy a delicious lunch (included) at the famous Tahiti Nui, where part of George Clooney’s 2011 film, The Descendants, was shot.
Please see below for a list of movie site stops.
• Wailua Falls - Fantasy Island, Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy and The Amazing Race
• Wailua Falls* - Tropic Thunder
• Hanamalu Bay* - Donovan's Reef, Pagan Love Song, Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island
• Opaekaa Falls* - Donovan's Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and Seven Women from Hell
• Coco Palms* - Blue Hawaii, Fantasy Island, She Gods of Shark Reef, Dinocroc vs Supergator and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
• Kauai Sands Beach* - Tropic Thunder
• Kappa Town - Jurassic Park
• Aliomanu* - Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island
• Moloaa Bay* - Gilligan's Island and Castaway Cowboy
• Tahiti Nui* -The Descendants
• Hanalei Valley - Uncommon Valor
• Hanalei Bay* - Miss Sadie Thompson
• Hanalei Pier* - Miss Sadie Thompson, Wackiest Ship in the Army, South Pacific, Beachhead and Acapulco Gold
Possibly the best tour we've ever done. Mickey, our guide, was kind of like a character in a movie himself - entertaining and funny with a dash of southern charm (he's from Alabama). We loved how he brought the stories alive from the video movie clips with his own jokes and he seemed genuinely passionate about movies and the history behind the making of them. For anyone who loves movies and/or Elvis, you will love that you will walk away with tons of facts and trivia. You almost feel Elvis on some areas - ok that might be going too far, but you get what I mean. The best tours transport you to that era or time. We got to see most of the island because of the tour, with our brave driver Diane who managed to get us out of some very tight places. We even stopped at a "hidden beach" that we would have never seen had it not been for the tour.
This tour offered lunch at Tahiti Nui where the Decendents was filmed. Burgers/chicken or kalua pork and fries - good, but what was really good - the Mai Tais (you need to purchase this, but they were the best ones we've had so far). When you stop for lunch, I suggest you visit Pink's creamery around the corner - the best ice cream I've had - loved my coffee flavor - it was creamy, rich, and tasted like it was made with love.
I would highly recommend this tour.