- 3-hour off-road adventure on Kauai's South Shore
- Ride through the tough terrain easily in an open-air off-road vehicle
- See movie locations, a sugarcane tunnel and a massive plantation
- Learn about Kauai's plant and animal life from your knowledgeable local guide
- Enjoy a safe and adrenaline-filled tour as either a passenger or a driver
- Snacks, beverages and all equipment included
What You Can Expect
Climb aboard your open-air vehicle and set off on an exciting ride that takes you through wild tropical terrain, including the roads, tunnels and fields of a historic sugarcane plantation. Drive up to Survey Point for panoramic views of the South Shore with its golden sand beaches, and cruise along the Wilcox Trail while learning about the first European settlers to explore this rugged area. You’ll also pass through the filming location of the 2001 movie To End All Wars.
Your guide will share interesting facts and history about the sights you see along the way. Take a break at Waita Resevoir and refuel with a waterside snack and beverages. At the end of your 3-hour ride, return to the starting point in Old Koloa Town.
Mud Bug: This two-passenger, fully automatic off-road vehicle features a three-point harness system, roll bars and a Baja-tested suspension system.
The tour was a blast. I would definitely recommend
A unique experience and views of the island, but spent a bit too much time taking photos which we were not interested in anyway. The brief fishing side trip was not necessary and didn't add much to the experience. The ATVs were relatively new and worked well. You will get dirty. Don't wear any clothes that you don't want to get stained with the famous red dirt!