- Kayak and hike adventure on the Wailua River
- Short hike in the breathtaking tropical rainforest surrounds
- 100 foot waterfall
- History of Kauai
- Stunning tropical scenery and views
- Learn about the natural history of Kauai
- Close encounters with birds and aquatic life
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
As you pass through this spectacular and interesting valley by kayak and on foot, your guide will be sharing the mana'o (knowledge) of the island. You'll be filled in on the history of ancient Kauai and how the Ali'i (royalty) and Maka'ainana (common people) lived and played here long ago. You'll learn about the unique and unusual medicinal and food plants that inhabit Kauai's Wailua River Valley, as well as identifying many beautiful ornamental plants, both native and introduced. All this will take place as you get to know each other and have some laughs in this incredible setting.
The return part of this kayaking Kauai tour is downstream, but into the trade winds, giving you a bit of a workout on this leg of the journey. If you don't mind a bit of exercise, this tour will be the one for you! With swimming holes and native exotic botanical wonders, the Wailua truly is a fantasy world of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.