- 3.5-hour canoe and nature walk tour in Ketchikan
- Paddle through a lake in the Tongass National Forest in a Native American–style canoe
- Leisurely, guided walk in the rain forest — perfect for all fitness levels!
- Enjoy delicious, hearty snacks including smoked fish and clam chowder
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Stop on shore for a Native American–style snack, including smoked fish, clam chowder, bread rolls with wild berry jams and beverages. After refueling, your knowledgeable guide will lead you on a short nature walk highlighting the interesting vegetation and wildlife of the rain forest. Spot a carnivorous plant, the sundew, which uses tentacles with an adhesive 'dew' to ensnare small insects! Then, paddle back to the canoe dock and board your coach for a relaxing drive back to your hotel.
This adventure is a rare opportunity to explore Southeast Alaska just like the original explorers did!
It was fun and interesting, though it was cut short.
We were booked at the wrong time for our tour. But the tour operators included us in their tour that was about to start which was a Jeep dirving experience followed by the canoe and nature walk we had so much fun. I would totally recomend it.