- 2-hour guided bicycle tour of Key West
- Cycle past the winter White House of US President Harry Truman
- See the home where renowned writer Ernest Hemingway lived and stop at his local bar, Sloppy Joe’s
- Click photos at the spot that marks the southernmost point in the continental USA
- Wheel down White Street Pier for a glimpse of prime fishing action and interesting shops
- Ride by Key West Cemetery and hear its history
- Includes beach cruiser bicycle, safety helmet and complimentary bottle of water
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide as you cycle to the Truman Annex neighborhood and military base, where President Truman stayed during the 1940s. The president retreated to the area in the colder months, earning the property nicknames such as the Harry S. Truman Little White House and the winter White House. Learn from your guide about other important political figures who have conducted business here since Truman's time.
Continue to the Ernest Hemingway House, where you see the pretty two-story home where the famous writer lived and worked from 1931 to 1939. Note the Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum located just across the street.
Pedal to Southernmost Point, a monument that resembles a buoy and supposedly marks the southernmost spot of the continental United States. Stop for photos at this legendary locale, then continue to White Street Pier where you can wheel past shops and people fishing along this scenic pier. Then ride by the large Key West Cemetery and hear about some of its fascinating history.
Your entertaining and informative guide takes you along picturesque Old Town streets lined with tropical foliage, handsome houses and stunning gardens. Your tour ends at Sloppy Joe’s, a famous bar that was once the watering hole for Ernest Hemingway and the notorious rumrunner Habana Joe. It's been serving strong drinks since 1933, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Remember to bring your camera, sunglasses, sun protection and comfortable shoes to make the most of this fun 2-hour bike tour of Key West.