- Private cruise aboard a Kettuvallam, a traditional Kerala houseboat
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery cruising the backwaters of Kerala
- Get a glimpse into the culture and rural lifestyle along the backwaters
- Feast on a delicious Kerala-style lunch
- Private tour from Kochi ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
As you cruise along, witness life in the backwater villages of Alleppey. Travel down the canals dotted with houses, paddy fields, coconut trees, market places and temples. See local people engaging in a variety of activities from fishing to daily chores. Soak in the beautiful scenery from your thatched-roof boat and relish the serenity of this river town.
Enjoy a traditional Indian tea with snacks before disembarking your Kerala houseboat. Your private guide will drive you from Alleppey back to your Kochi hotel.
- Kerala Rice
- Sambar (vegetable stew)
- Avial (thick mixture of vegetables, curd and coconut seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves)
- Vegetable Thoran (vegetables sautéed and cooked along with coconut)
- Vegetable Mezhukkupuratti (fried vegetable curry)
- Pickle & Curd
- Pappad (South Indian wafer)
- Payasam (rice pudding flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, and pistachios)