- Private walking tour of Fort Kochi
- Visit Saint Francis Church, one of the oldest European churches in India
- Admire the architecture of Santa Cruz Basilica
- See the murals illustrating Hindu legends at Mattancherry Palace
- Go behind the scenes and watch Kathakali actors prepare for their show
- Enjoy a theatrical Kathakali dance performance
What You Can Expect
My wife and I booked 2 excursions for our first day in Kochi while taking a cruise. This was the second tour of the day and it turns out was pretty much exactly the same as the one we booked through the cruise line. Oops! Turns out it didn't matter. Our guide Aram I think that's how it's spelled picked us up as we were departing the coach from our morning tour and sat us in a very comfortable car to begin our tour. He asked us a little bit about where we were from and what we'd like to get out of this tour, and proceeded to customize the tour to our needs and desires. Instead of just taking us to each site and allowing us to wander around on our own for a few minutes, Aram took us to a silk shop to purchase a custom sari and kurta a wonderful restaurant for some authentic continental Indian food spice markets and the original Jewish Synagogue in Jew Town, among other sites.
The Kathakali dance performance was very interesting and a worthwhile final stop on our tour. If I'm ever in Kochi again, I would book this tour again in a heartbeat.
The city is a nice place to be in and I enjoyed it a lot. Also the Kathakali Dance performance was so nice and I enjoyed the performance of the actors.Bravo