- Full-day tour to Ganga Sagar from Kolkata with an expert private guide
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride along the Ganges River toward Sagar Island
- Visit Kapil Muni Temple, where many Hindus pay their respects to Hindu sage Kapil Muni
- Learn about the humanitarian work of Hindu organizations with visits to the ashrams (missions) of Bharat Sevashram Sangha, Ramakrishna Mission and Omkarnath
- Private transportation to and from site locations and round-trip ferry ticket included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
I had a great time on the tour. I recently went back to visit India after 25 years.
I was staying in Kolkata and wanted to take a day to get away from the hustle and bustle.
It was an experience getting on the ferry and the ride to and from Ganga Sagar was breathtaking. I was able to experience the other side of India, the quiet beautiful villages with lush land. Once we got to our destination the beach was superb. I stood there for awhile taking in the beautiful surroundings.
My tour director was very knowledgeable and spoke three languages which was impressive.
I recommend taking this trip and leaving early as possible in the morning due to the four+ hour drive each way to get to the destination.