A chance to sight the endemic monkey to Borneo, Proboscis Monkey that inhabit the unique riverine environment. Be amazed and mesmerized by the fireflies that light up the night sky along the river on a fine night. Embark on a river cruise and enjoy a village style dinner taking in the sights and sounds of this natural setting.
- Cruise through the Klias Wetlands on the lookout for the elusive Proboscis monkeys and the rare Silver Leaf monkeys on this safari tour from Kota Kinabalu
- Enjoy the sounds of nature, the beautiful glow of the fireflies and the wildlife along the riverbanks of the rustic Klias Wetlands
- A memorizing 1-2 hour Kilas Wetland river cruise
- Enjoy a village-style dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
Travel south to the Klias wetland for a river cruise in search of the elusive Proboscis monkey, rare Silver Leaf monkey, mischievous macaques and myriad species of birds that inhabit this unique riverine environment. As dusk falls, look out for crocodiles lurking by the riverbanks.
On a moonless night, be mesmerized by the flickering lights of fireflies against the night sky. Enjoy a village-style dinner and immerse yourself in the sounds of nature in this rustic setting. The boat ride to watch wildlife is about 1 - 2 hours. During the ride, there are no toilet facilities and if it rains along the way, you may get wet. Although there is a high possibility of wildlife sightings due to their habit of resting or mating by the riverbanks in the evening, wildlife sightings are not guarantee.
Long drive there and back. Had meal on the boat. Food very good. Saw lots of monkey's. Guide was very informative. Very relaxing evening, but not the sort of tour if you are looking for excitement, some other tours provide small speed boats which can be more thrilling and you can get closer to the riverside