- Morning train trip aboard the North Borneo Railway
- Complimentary breakfast on board the train
- Enjoy the lush landscape and rural scenery of Sabah
- Stop at Kinarut and Papar to experience the sights and sounds of rural life
- Complimentary British tiffin lunch, including rice, curry, vegetables and meats
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the train at Tanjung Aru Station and enjoy a complimentary breakfast. As the train pulls out of the station, travel into the countryside and admire the pastoral landscape. Continuing to the coast of Lokawi Bay, take in the picturesque views of the South China Sea. Stop at Kinarut, a traditional trading village, then visit Tien Shi Temple, a Buddhist temple at the foot of the hill, and explore the local shops nearby.
Reboard the train and pass through Kawang, home to the Kawang Forest Reserve. Cross the Papar River over a steel bridge to arrive in Papar, where you can visit the local wet market to get a taste of simple rural life in Sabah. Meander around the area and meet the friendly locals. Then, hop on board the train for a scenic ride back to Kota Kinabalu and enjoy a typical tiffin colonial lunch.
We had a really nice time - what an adventure. The final destination was not that interesting but the train journey itself with breakfast and lunch was something very special. Certainly would recommend this trip.
Keith and Valerie from the UK
Excellent day out with a chance to get out in the country. Very good service from the lovely crew and the food was quite good. A few nice stops on the way with a chance to visit local markets and temples.