- Piano concert of music by Chopin at Bonerowski Palace, in Krakow
- Be swept away by the music of Poland’s most famous composer, Frederic Chopin, performed by award-winning young musicians
- See architectural features of the UNESCO World-Heritage listed building, including Europe’s longest chandelier
- Get views of Krakow’s Market Square, St Mary’s Basilica, Cloth Hall (Sukiennice) and St Wojciech Church from the palace
- Sip a complimentary glass of wine during the concert's intermission
What You Can Expect
You’ll find Bonerowski Palace in a UNESCO World Heritage-listed building in the centrally-located Market Square. Step inside and marvel at the architecture, including Europe’s longest chandelier–reaching 70 feet (22 meters). From the palace windows, you’ll gaze over Market Square and see St Mary’s Basilica, Cloth Hall (Sukiennice), St Wojciech Church and the statue of the renowned Polish poet Adam Mickiewicz (who was also Chopin’s friend).
For your one-hour concert, you’ll head into Renaissance Hall and be enthralled as award-winning young pianists perform Chopin’s most famous piano pieces. Chopin’s music–with many nocturnes, mazurkas and polonaises (based on Polish dance)–is marked by a feeling of longing for his homeland, which was in political upheaval during his lifetime. A musical prodigy, Chopin left Poland to work in France at age 20, and remained there until his death at age 39.
Be transported into the realm of Chopin as you listen to the piano concert and take in the atmosphere of the lovely surroundings. You’ll also enjoy sipping a complimentary glass of wine during intermission.
After the concert, you can choose to visit the palace's restaurant, bar or outdoor terrace (own expense), or make your way to your next destination from this central location.
Marvelous way to end the day.
I had the joy of listening to Witold Wilczek, a young pianist with a music vein and endless talent.
The location of the spectacular palace made it even more enjoyable.
First class, short concert for very little money. Top value and excellent pianist. Venue is delightful.