- Morning tour of Krakow's less-visited quarters by Trabant
- Guided walking tour and tour by Trabant automobile
- Offbeat tour focusing on Krakow's Nowa Huta district, burial mounds and Jewish quarter
- Young and enthusiastic English-speaking guide
- Tips on the city's best pubs and restaurants
- Pickup and drop off from Krakow hotels
What You Can Expect
After being picked up in a genuine Trabant automobile, your tour begins with a visit to the Nowa Huta district, Krakow's famous communist enclave. Originally a gift from Stalin, the working-class quarter boasts some classic communist architecture. Your guide will share first-hand accounts of what it was like to live behind the Iron Curtain.
Next, you'll visit the city's historic burial mounds, some of which date back to pagan times. The mounds were built as a memorial to Poland's most famous leaders and provide great panoramas of the city. From this vantage point, your guide will point out some of Krakow's more unusual landmarks.
The tour ends with a trip to Krakow's Jewish quarter. After being razed by the Nazis during World War II, this area is slowly being revitalized and is now home to the city's artist community. It's lined with great pubs and cafés, and you will definitely want to come back later to enjoy Krakow's authentic nightlife.
Excellent guide, the car was the star and a celebrity around town. Vodka recommendations excellent. Highly recommend.
Had a wonderful four hours around krakow and Magic our driver guide had lots of information and humor. Especially good if you are interested in history and politics.
Alan and Joanne