- Take a 2.5-hour bus and walking tour of Krakow’s Nowa Huta district
- Ride in a vintage communist-era minibus
- Learn about Nowa Huta's beginning as a model industrial center under communist rule
- Hear stories from your guide about the difficulties faced by workers and how they decided to revolt
- Leave and rejoin your bus at any of the 7 stops to discover landmarks such as Wawel Hill and Schindler’s Factory
What You Can Expect
• Kosciuszki's Mound
• Jewish Quarter (Dajwor St.)
• Schindler's Factory
• Basztowa (Basztowa LOT)
• Bagatela Theatre
• National Museum
The weather was treacherous and our guide was delayed some 15 min because of the snow. We had a second tour booked in the afternoon which meant we had to get back slightly earlier that normal. He was very accommodating, charismatic and funny. Passionate about his country and people and especially Nowa Huta (being a resident himself!!) Even without formally studying English, his grasp of the language and ability to make universal jokes, had us and a Dutch couple in stitches. It was as cold inside the Nisa as it was outside, but this iconic vehicle got us everywhere we needed to, no matter how much snow was thrown at it. Definitely an experience worth having.
La parte de Nova Huta fué excelente. El guia habia vivido ahi por mas de 30 años y conocia muy bien la ciudad, el ambiente y las circunstancias. No tomamos el Hop-On Hop-Off porque no conseguimos los boletos. Las instrucciones decian que los recogieramos en el hotel y ahi no sabian nada.