- Half-day trip to Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow, with private round-trip transfers
- Travel directly to and from the mine in a private car
- Enjoy a group tour of the UNESCO-listed mine with an expert guide
- Explore the salt-cut tunnels and galleries, all deep underground
- Marvel at the Chapel of St Kinga, a stunning subterranean church carved from salt
- See an underground lake and mining tools used in medieval times
- Learn about the working of the mine through the ages
What You Can Expect
Choose your preferred departure time and meet a private driver at your central Krakow hotel, traveling 30 minutes southeast of the city to Wieliczka. Arrive at the UNESCO-listed salt mine, join up with your guided group tour and begin your descent along the underground stairs.
As you explore the surrounding tunnels and chambers, your guide will discuss the history behind the 700-year-old salt mine and lead you to some of its most impressive features. Visit the Chapel of St Kinga, a church where almost everything, from its chandeliers to the altar, is made from salt and see the beautiful salt lake in Eram Baracz Chamber.
Afterward, explore an exhibition that documents the history of mining in Poland and examine some of the more fascinating artifacts with your guide. Learn about mining techniques in the Middle Ages and study some old tools that were once used to dig and work the shafts. You’ll also pass mythic figures carved from salt and hear about the unique microclimate below ground.
Finish your tour 443 feet (135 meters) underground before traveling back up to the surface via the mine's high-speed lift. Reunite with your private driver for a relaxing trip back to Krakow, where you'll be returned to your hotel.
we found this trip lived up to expectation we had seen the video but being there was superb your driver deserves a mention he was very good and knowledgable
Exceeded our expectations. Our driver was exceptional, professional and handled everything with ease.
an incredible trip, a must to see.
The driver was friendly and informative. it was lovely to travel in style and comfort without waiting for others
Fascinating place but be prepared for lots of steps down into the mine.
Convenient pick up and drop off in private van. Other than that not much difference because you join a huge tour group with other visitors