- Day trip from Krakow to Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains
- Visit Zakopane, winter sports capital of Poland
- Ride the funicular to the top of Mt Gubalówka
- Enjoy excellent views of the Tatras mountain peaks
- See the old Zakopane mountaineers' cottages
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Cemetery in ZakopanePhoto by: Patricia
- Anthropology museum in ...Photo by: Patricia
- Wooden housesPhoto by: Patricia
- ZakopanePhoto by: Sara Elena A
- Día de relaxPhoto by: JOSE P
- Guide Andrew explaining ..Photo by: zoe w
- My hubby and our guidePhoto by: Hasnah A
Singapore, 03 2014
- On top of Gubatowka mountainPhoto by: Hasnah A
Singapore, 03 2014
- Tatras MountainsPhoto by: FREDA E
- P1000448Photo by: Lars Peter F
- P1000442Photo by: Lars Peter F
- Zakopane and Tatras Mountains ...Photo by: Lars Peter F
- ZakopanePhoto by: Anonymous
- Tatras MountainsPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
Afterward, travel back down the funicular to Zakopane, Poland’s popular destination for winter sports. Follow your guide to see the old cottages of the mountaineers, enclosed by ash trees and blackened by the sun. Built by the Polish artist Witkacy, learn the history behind the wooden houses and churches as you explore.
Continue with a stroll along Krupówki, the bustling mall lined with restaurants, cafes and local shops, where you’ll pause to relax with some lunch.
Conclude your day trip with a visit to the Tatra Museum in Zakopane or a stop at the old wooden village of Chocholów before journeying back to Krakow.
Great day out
Not to be missed
Even though the weather was hazy and rainy we really enjoyed our tour of the Tatra Mountains and Zakopane. Our guide was informative and witty. The bus was roomy and comfortable. We had plenty of time to walk around Zakopane and view the mountains. We really want to come back to visit and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
His tour was brilliant. Zakapone is a beautiful unique place I would recommend it .
Scenery outstanding Tetra mountains
my wife and I are old, but young at heart.we loved every minute of our holiday . the people were so kind and friendly the area was so clean , no litter blowing around , so many places of interest to see and such lovely buildindsalso prices were very good thoroughly recommend pete lucas
This is an excellent tour and our guide was entertaining and knowledgeable, would highly recommend the trip. The small bus was roomy, and there was time to explore by ourselves as well as the formal tour.
Would also recommend Poland as a place to go, enjoyed every day of our time in Warsaw, Krakow and Wroclaw.
Loved this tour, lots of free time in an amazing town. Food is out of this world, mountains are beautiful and journey itself very educating.
Unique and Beautiful place well worth a visit .Guide was excellent very informative .good value foe money
A well organized tour with a very affable and informative tour guide.
This trip was a lot of fun and our guide was great! He told us to call him Jack but I think his real name was something like Jacques. It was a nice break to get out of the city and though the weather that day wasn't the best, we still had a good time. There were things to do inside too like the museum we went into and it was a nice, relaxed pace. Our guide was really knowledgable and made suggestions of different foods that were special to the area to try. He also was flexible in the schedule to try and fit things with the weather as it was off and on raining. He even agreed to come down on the ski lift with 3 of us crazy girls despite it starting to rain though it stopped shortly before we headed down so it worked out alright but he didn't know it would so bless his heart all the same! o I'd recommend this to anyone!