- 2-Day tour of Malacca with a private guide
- Learn about Malacca's Portuguese and Dutch influences on a guided city walking tour
- Visit St Paul's Church, the Porta de Santiago fortress, the Stadthuys and the Chen Hoon Teng Taoist temple
- Stroll along Jonker Street to browse shops and sample local foods
- Enjoy your guide's informative commentary about the sites you visit
- Relax on a scenic drive through the countryside and stop at Morten Village to witness old Malay customs and traditions
- Overnight accommodation, transportation and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
I would strongly suggest going through another company if possible. My driver/guide wasn't very mobile so the trip itself was shortened and he would just sort of point things out front the van, being obvious he did not want to get out and actually give a 'tour' as was part of the package. He cut the tour short and just dropped me off at the hotel, which was conveniently located near a lot of the tourist things. So I just went on my own. Spent more time on my own wandering than I did with the 'tour guide.'
The hotel apparently expected some paperwork from the tour company, which was not given to me, and my driver was no way contactable until the next morning when he picked me up.
If you have many days to explore from KL then this trip may be worth it. If you're on a tight timeline then choose another city. The placards and self-tour options do not really provide enough detail to be worthwhile. Maybe the experience would have been better with a guide to supplement with info.
Also, my guide made many jokes that were quite inappropriate and lewd. He never got the hint from my responses to cut it out. Maybe my culture is too politically-correct, but surely a travel company should know to employ people who a) don't offend and b) can actually take their charges on a tour as advertised.