- Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara 3-day trip
- Scenic, two-hour boat trip from Kuala Tembeling to Kuala Tahan
- Walk across the canopy walkway to see the forest from a unique vantage point
- Take a jungle survival class and learn how to survive in the wild
- Keep your eyes out for nocturnal animals on an evening trek
- 2-night stay in a 4-star resort hotel and expert guide included
What You Can Expect
Depart from Kuala Lumpur for a three-hour drive to the rural town of Jerantut. Here, you’ll stop for lunch and a short rest before proceeding to the riverbank at Kuala Tembeling. From here, take a 37 mile (60 km) trip by motor canoe to Kuala Tahan (park headquarters). Along the way on this scenic journey, you’ll see kampongs (Malaysian wooden houses), local fishermen, monkeys and jungle vegetation. In the late afternoon, arrive at Kuala Tahan. After dinner (included in tour), watch a video presentation giving an overview of Taman Negara and embark on a night jungle walk with park rangers. You’ll explore the jungle from a different perspective and possibly see nocturnal animals.
Overnight: 4-star Mutiara Taman Negara Resort or similar
Day 2: Taman Negara (B, L, D)
The itinerary for day two may vary depending on the season and availability of the park facilities. A common activity is to walk along the canopy walkway. The canopy is suspended 82 feet (25 meters) above the ground between massive trees and allows for close-up views of the higher reaches of the forest.
Day 3: Taman Negara - Kuala Lumpur (B, L)
After breakfast, return to Kuala Tembeling by boat and then your guide will drive you back to Kuala Lumpur.