- Day trip to Malacca from Kuala Lumpur
- Walk up St Paul's Hill and visit the ruins of St Paul's Church
- Get panoramic views of the Malacca Strait and Bandar Hilir
- Savor a typical Nyonya lunch in a local restaurant
- Stroll through antique row of Jonker Street and take in the bustling street market
- Learn the history of this important colonial port from your knowledgeable guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Me and our GuidePhoto by: paul w
- Mr witty mePhoto by: Parvinder S
- Melaka GurdwaraPhoto by: Parvinder S
- Hello KittyPhoto by: Iz F
- Kampung MalaccaPhoto by: Blanka B
- Malacca Tour, July 2013Photo by: ma. annabelle a
- KL November 2011 135Photo by: Kenneth C
- KL November 2011 145Photo by: Kenneth C
- DSCF2372Photo by: Alfred S
- 101_2225aPhoto by: David H
- DSC_0338Photo by: Anonymous
- DSC_0359Photo by: Anonymous
- DSC_0172Photo by: Anonymous
- Chinese Temple, MalaccaPhoto by: Garth B
Australia, 11 2009
What You Can Expect
First you'll visit Dutch Square (Stadthuys) to see the striking red 17th-century buildings that were once the offices of the Dutch governors. Then, take a short walk up St Paul's Hill for a panoramic view of Malacca, the Malacca Strait and the old town center called Bandar Hilir. You'll see the ruins of St Paul's Church and note the intricately decorated 17th century Dutch tombstones that line the interior.
After taking in the views from St Paul’s Hill, stop into a local restaurant where you will savor a typical Nyonya lunch. When you’re refreshed, you'll follow your guide to Jonker Street, also known as Antique Street, where you can browse through a plethora of antiques and clothing shops.
Then visit the A'Famosa fortress, built by the Portuguese in the 1500s and among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia, of which only the Porta de Santiago survives. Your guide will make a final stop at Cheng Hoon Teng, the oldest traditional Chinese temple in Malaysia.
If time permits on your return, your coach will make a photo stop at Morten Village for a glimpse of a typical Malay village. Your Malacca day tour from Kuala Lumpur ends with drop-off at your hotel.
This was a full day tour due to the traffic coming back into the city but we got back to our hotels before 9 : 30 PM. The tour covered a fair amount of sites and the lunch was excellent. Colin was a very good and entertaining guide.
Excellent content, knowledgeable guide, comfortable transport, a good lunch: very good value for money. If you are in KL and want to visit Malacca, this is the ideal trip.
guide was curteous and knowledgeable, the tour was easy paced and enjoyable, lunch was delicious
We had an excellent tour to Malacca Melaka. Our guide Marcus was excellent in his knowledge, personality and graciousness. There is far more in Melaka than we ever expected, great historical sights and stories, thoroughly recommend this tour
First class day trip. My wife and I were the only people on the trip so it felt very personal,
Our guide went out of his way to show us the maximum he could and was both charming and professional throughout. Would highly recommend this trip
Fantastic tour! Highly recommendced.
Our guide Suresh was superb, the driver ensured we all had a very smooth and trouble free ride, the tour was small only 4 of us and lunch in Malacca was wonderful
We had plenty of time to explore on our own, as well as being shown all the sights of historcial Malacca, and at the end of the tour, our guide went out of his way to give us insider tips about places to visit in KL.
which were relevant to our particular interests.
Highly recommended and thanks once again Suresh!
Knowledgeable tour guide
This tour was amazing!
We had a great time our driver (Ai) was very informative and very entertaining. We were picked up at the hotel on time there was only myself and my husband on the tour. The lunch at the restaurant was good. We would recommend this to anyone.
It was a great tour.