- Private tour of Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary (also known as the Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary) from Kuala Lumpur
- See Indonesian deer at Deerland Park and enjoy scenic views of plantations
- Learn about the lifestyle of nomadic people on a visit to an aboriginal settlement
- Get up close to majestic elephants and hear about the center's efforts to rehabilitate these rescued animals
- Enjoy complimentary lunch and soft drinks
- Expert private guide ensures an enriching and exciting experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Baby ElephantPhoto by: Royce H
- ChillingPhoto by: Anonymous
- Baby ElephantPhoto by: Michael P
United Kingdom, 06 2008
- Meeting the elephantsPhoto by: Rosemarie B
- Elephant :Photo by: Crystal K
- Baby Elephant washingPhoto by: G D
- Snake Oil salesman?Photo by: G D
- Two new friends of mine at ...Photo by: Paula T
- Bathing an elephantPhoto by: Dale M
- Entrance to the Elephant ...Photo by: Dale M
- Wrong photoPhoto by: Heather S
Australia, 07 2013
- P1010450Photo by: ANDREW M
- Elephant Orphanage SanctuaryPhoto by: Melissa R
Australia, 09 2011
- I am the one in the middlePhoto by: PJ
- Feeding the BabiesPhoto by: PJ
- Cute!Photo by: Clare W
- DSCF4855Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4851Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4826Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4812Photo by: Kathryn S
What You Can Expect
Travel through dense rainforest and lush tropical foliage where you’ll emerge at the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. Known also as the Elephant Orphan Sanctuary—this unique destination is located just an hour and a half from Kuala Lumpur but feels like a lifetime away. Your tour of the grounds kicks off with an informative video that details the preservation efforts taken by the Malaysian Wildlife Society to protect these gentle giants.
Learn how passionate professionals have created a natural environment to nurse elephants back to health before returning them to the wild. Watch as these gray beasts roam the camp and listen as your private guide explains how trained professionals feed and care for the animals.
Tuck into a Malaysian lunch from a popular restaurant, or packed to carry. Afternoon tours offer a chance to bathe baby elephants if river conditions allow. (Please note: this optional activity is not included in the tour price and must be purchased at the sanctuary. Bathing does not take place when water levels are high.)
Something not to be missed, and a trip never to be forgotten! Our guide, Chia, was absolutely fantastic, and went out of his way to make it such a memorable experience. Thank you. Ray and Barbara Cavill
This was an absolutely amazing bucket list kind of tour!!! I would highly recommend it to everyone!
We had a really great guide name Ai who was so helpful and made the day even more wonderful for us!
Jens Uwe K Andorra
Incredible great experiance. No stress. Enough time with the elefants. Good driver with knowledge about everyting I wanted to know about Malaysia
What a great day - the private guide Ai was terrific and the elephants were fabulous. Feeding the elephants and bathing them is an opportunity not to be missed. The visit to the deer park also offered more than expected.
This tour was fantastic we had "T" and my partner and I can't not speak highly enough of him. Fun knowledgeable made sure we had best position at the elephant sanctuary even had spare food for us ready to feed the elephants. When booking this tour request t!
This was one of the best things I have done in my life. The elephants are beautiful and well taken care of. You spoil them with peanuts and fruit. You can also bathe the baby elephants extra cost. I also admire that the sanctuary does not let the public ride the elephants.
Radoslav P Australia
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Our guide, Ai, was fantastic. He went out of his way to show us interesting things on the way to the sanctuary and was very informative and helpful. We can recommend this to anyone who is interested. Remember to take some bathers, a towel and old joggers along if you want to bath the baby elephant.
Our guide, Ai, was fantastic - really laid back and easy going. He knew the way things worked and made sure we didnt waste any time waiting in line. All in all a fantastic Valentines Day experience!
Our guide, Cheai, was awesome. This tour is definitely worth every penny and every star. Cheai picked us up right on time and when I asked him how many other people would be joining us on the tour he surprised me by telling me that this was a private tour! Just me and my girlfriend! We had great conversation about Malaysia, its' history, culture, current events, etc. Cheai was very hospitable to all our questions and knowledgeable. Included in this tour is transportation, entry fee to deer land and the elephant sanctuary. Deer land was awesome! It is not just deer, but there is also an ostrich, pythons, hedgehogs, etc. The elephants were great! Although it is sad that they are not free in the wild, they seem well taken care of here and that the guides have good relationships with the elephants. At the sanctuary Cheai definitely went above and beyond to make our experience extra special by having us be first to get in the water, and pulling plugs to allow us to pet the 7 month old baby elephant. Definitely book this tour!
Our Tour guide was "I" and he made this tour special for us! We stopped along the way to see how the rubber sap is taken from the tree and the got to smell the raw rubber. "I" arranged for us to have photos taken with a 7 month old baby Elephant and pat the little One. A definite advantage to having your own guide, he knew all the staff ad where we should be before the crowd moved. It was a wonderful day and "I" made it!