Book by 30 June 2016 to save 10% off our previously offered price! Travel dates valid until 31 October 2016.
- Private tour of Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary (also known as the Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary) from Kuala Lumpur
- See Indonesian deer at Deerland Park and enjoy scenic views of plantations
- Learn about the lifestyle of nomadic people on a visit to an aboriginal settlement
- Get up close to majestic elephants and hear about the center's efforts to rehabilitate these rescued animals
- Enjoy complimentary lunch and soft drinks
- Expert private guide ensures an enriching and exciting experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Baby ElephantPhoto by: Royce H
- ChillingPhoto by: Anonymous
- Baby ElephantPhoto by: Michael P
United Kingdom, 06 2008
- Meeting the elephantsPhoto by: Rosemarie B
- Elephant :Photo by: Crystal K
- Baby Elephant washingPhoto by: G D
- Snake Oil salesman?Photo by: G D
- Two new friends of mine at ...Photo by: Paula T
- Bathing an elephantPhoto by: Dale M
- Entrance to the Elephant ...Photo by: Dale M
- Wrong photoPhoto by: Heather S
Australia, 07 2013
- P1010450Photo by: ANDREW M
- Elephant Orphanage SanctuaryPhoto by: Melissa R
Australia, 09 2011
- I am the one in the middlePhoto by: PJ
- Feeding the BabiesPhoto by: PJ
- Cute!Photo by: Clare W
- DSCF4855Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4851Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4826Photo by: Kathryn S
- DSCF4812Photo by: Kathryn S
What You Can Expect
Travel through dense rainforest and lush tropical foliage where you’ll emerge at the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. Known also as the Elephant Orphan Sanctuary—this unique destination is located just an hour and a half from Kuala Lumpur but feels like a lifetime away. Your tour of the grounds kicks off with an informative video that details the preservation efforts taken by the Malaysian Wildlife Society to protect these gentle giants.
Learn how passionate professionals have created a natural environment to nurse elephants back to health before returning them to the wild. Watch as these gray beasts roam the camp and listen as your private guide explains how trained professionals feed and care for the animals.
Tuck into a Malaysian lunch from a popular restaurant, or packed to carry. Afternoon tours offer a chance to bathe baby elephants if river conditions allow. (Please note: this optional activity is not included in the tour price and must be purchased at the sanctuary. Bathing does not take place when water levels are high.)
We absolutely loved this experience! Everything that we did was memorable - the Batu Caves, Deerland Park, and of course, the Elephant Sanctuary. Washing the baby elephants was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Not to be missed. And of course, our guide Zul was fantastic. He did everything possible to make us comfortable and get us acquainted with Malaysia. Thanks so much!
A brilliant day out. My guide went out of his way to make it all very personal and took me to additional stops on the way as I was the only passenger to get some cheap shorts and top The bathing of the baby elephants was wonderful, but do remember to take with you an old pair of shorts and top to wear on the river and a towel as there aren't any in the showers. Hence my stop to buy! I'd booked at the very last minute on a Sunday but the company went out of their way to let me know the times and pick up and checked with hotel to make sure I'd received them. All I can say is brilliant !
Something not to be missed, and a trip never to be forgotten! Our guide, Chia, was absolutely fantastic, and went out of his way to make it such a memorable experience. Thank you. Ray and Barbara Cavill
This was an absolutely amazing bucket list kind of tour!!! I would highly recommend it to everyone!
We had a really great guide name Ai who was so helpful and made the day even more wonderful for us!
Jens Uwe K Andorra
Incredible great experiance. No stress. Enough time with the elefants. Good driver with knowledge about everyting I wanted to know about Malaysia
What a great day - the private guide Ai was terrific and the elephants were fabulous. Feeding the elephants and bathing them is an opportunity not to be missed. The visit to the deer park also offered more than expected.
This tour was fantastic we had "T" and my partner and I can't not speak highly enough of him. Fun knowledgeable made sure we had best position at the elephant sanctuary even had spare food for us ready to feed the elephants. When booking this tour request t!
This was one of the best things I have done in my life. The elephants are beautiful and well taken care of. You spoil them with peanuts and fruit. You can also bathe the baby elephants extra cost. I also admire that the sanctuary does not let the public ride the elephants.
Radoslav P Australia
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Our guide, Ai, was fantastic. He went out of his way to show us interesting things on the way to the sanctuary and was very informative and helpful. We can recommend this to anyone who is interested. Remember to take some bathers, a towel and old joggers along if you want to bath the baby elephant.
Our guide, Ai, was fantastic - really laid back and easy going. He knew the way things worked and made sure we didnt waste any time waiting in line. All in all a fantastic Valentines Day experience!
$170.66 Save $17.33