If you want to see an Orang Utan, the Matang Wildlife Center is one of the best place to see these cuddly animals.
- Visit the Matang Wildlife rehabilitation center and trek through the rainforest on this full-day tour from Kuching
- See rescued animals being rehabilitated in their natural enclosures including bear cats, orang utans and crocodiles
- Take a nature trail through Kubah National Park, encounter stunning scenery, jungle waterfalls and rare plants
- Lunch at the Metang Wildlife Centre
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
Matang Wildlife Center is located in Kubah National Park, Sarawak’s main center for wildlife rehabilitation. This center is responsible for rescuing and helping a wide variety of animals back into the wild. Ranging from orang utan and sun bears to hornbills and sea eagles all of which can be view in natural enclosures in a rainforest setting.
The rescued animals being rehabilitated here include orang utan, sun bears, bear cats, civet cats, sambar deer, barking deer, porcupines and crocodiles, all of which can be viewed in spacious natural enclosures. A large aviary houses a variety of hornbills, as well as brahminy kites and sea eagles.
Lunch will be taken Matang Wildlife Centre followed by a guided nature trail through Kubah National Park headquarters passing through some of the most impressive rainforest scenery in Sarawak. Along the way visitors will pass clear jungle waterfalls and see dozens of fascinating plant species including rare plants, orchids and pitcher plants.
Good to see even though in cages.