- Visit an-award winning living museum, the Sarawak Cultural Village on this tour from Kuching
- Walk into a unique and diverse traditional village populated my many ethnic groups
- See a colorful multi-ethnic cultural performance in the air-conditioned theatre
- Watch the villagers go about their everyday activities
- Villagers will demonstrate wood and bamboo carvings, straw weaving and beadworks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
This award-winning living museum showcases Sarawak's unique and diverse cultures in an accessible, visitor-friendly setting just 35 minutes drive from Kuching.
The seven authentic traditional buildings are set amidst a scenic 17 acre site and are populated by members of Sarawak's many ethnic groups, going about everyday activities. These include wood and bamboo carving, bead work, weaving, sago-making, sugar-cane crushing, pepper-growing and the preparation of bird's nests.
Visitors can learn how to throw a Malay spinning top, shoot a Penan blowpipe or pick out a tune on an Orang Ulu sape. The tour concludes with a colourful multi-ethnic cultural performance in the village's air-conditioned mini-theater.