- Visit an-award winning living museum, the Sarawak Cultural Village on this tour from Kuching
- Walk into a unique and diverse traditional village populated my many ethnic groups
- See a colorful multi-ethnic cultural performance in the air-conditioned theatre
- Watch the villagers go about their everyday activities
- Villagers will demonstrate wood and bamboo carvings, straw weaving and beadworks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
This award-winning living museum showcases Sarawak's unique and diverse cultures in an accessible, visitor-friendly setting just 35 minutes drive from Kuching.
The seven authentic traditional buildings are set amidst a scenic 17 acre site and are populated by members of Sarawak's many ethnic groups, going about everyday activities. These include wood and bamboo carving, bead work, weaving, sago-making, sugar-cane crushing, pepper-growing and the preparation of bird's nests.
Visitors can learn how to throw a Malay spinning top, shoot a Penan blowpipe or pick out a tune on an Orang Ulu sape. The tour concludes with a colourful multi-ethnic cultural performance in the village's air-conditioned mini-theater.
It was nicely organised tour by your local representative.Mr.Mastry our guide gave us good information and took care of us.The sarawak village is worth to visit.
Good experience and informative, ending with a show, experienced what rain is like, not a bucket full but a bit lake