Satang Island consisting of two islands Pulau Satang Besar and Pulau Satang Kecil is located in the South China Sea and its surrounding pristine waters are protected as a sanctuary for the turtles. Take time to visit the turtle conservation and hatchery area and learn about the conservation programme on the island. Later, there is plenty of time to snorkel and swim around this beautiful island and enjoy the colourful marine life.
- Guided tour of Sarawak's first marine national park, Satang National Park
- Cruise pass fishing villages and mangrove swamps on your way to Talang-Satang National Park
- Snorkel and swim amidst colorful coral reefs and marine life of Satang
- Visit the turtle conservation and learn about this special programe
- Snorkeling equipment is provided for the day
- Enjoy lunch on the beach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What You Can Expect
Travel 30-minutes by motorised boat, pass mangrove swamps and picturesque fishing villages on the way to Sarawak's first marine national park. Arrive at Satang Island, one of the three islands set aside by the government for turtle conservation.
First, visit the turtle conservation and hatchery area and learn about the conservation programme. Park rangers collect the turtles eggs, count them and replace them in a beach hatchery. When the hatchlings emerge from their eggs after 40 to 60 days, the rangers record the numbers and release them into the sea.
Then proceed to Satang Island's beautiful white sand beach for snorkeling amidst the wide variety of soft corals, spotting an abundance of colourful marine life. Or an alternatively is to take a stroll through the rugged jungle that covers the island. A packed lunch is included.