- Full-day Ephesus sightseeing shore excursion from Kusadasi
- Tour the majestic ancient ruins of Ephesus
- Marvel at the Fountains of Trajan and the Temples of Hadrian and Domitian
- Enjoy a traditional Turkish lunch (included)
- Visit the home of the Virgin Mary and the Basilica of St John
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_1604Photo by: pg59
USA, 10 2012
- View from St. John's CathedralPhoto by: MammaKate
- St. John's TombPhoto by: MammaKate
- Baptisum Fountain?Photo by: MammaKate
- Directions to the house of ...Photo by: MammaKate
- Community Toilets in EphesusPhoto by: MammaKate
- Write a prayer...Photo by: MammaKate
- Mary's HousePhoto by: MammaKate
- Mary's Holy WaterPhoto by: MammaKate
- young storksPhoto by: KATHLEEN M
- rug cooperative workroomPhoto by: KATHLEEN M
- last home of the virgin maryPhoto by: KATHLEEN M
- IMG_1589Photo by: pg59
USA, 10 2012
- EphesusPhoto by: Anonymous
- EphesusPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
This tour was better than we could have ever expected. It ended up being a private tour with the guide and the two of us in a new Mercedes minibus. Our guide actually studied archaeology in college and worked for several years as an archaeologist at the Ephesus site. In addition to being a really nice guy he was obviously very knowledgeable about the site. We had a nice free lunch at an open air restaurant and then visited a carpet weaving site. It was very intereswting and they gave us no pressure to buy anything. This was the absolute best tour!
Excellent in all aspects. the guide, Al, was incredible - his knowledge was first class and his approach very professional. The itinerary was perfectly planned - St John's Basilica, Ephesus and Mary's house - enough time in each without overstretching it. Lunch was provided and was a delicious classic Turkish meal. We were dreading the carpet factory but it was different to the rest we've been to - no pressure, full of interesting information and time to browse. Would definitely use again.
Our small group experience was enhanced by our excellent guide and driver. Our vehicle was immaculate and well-maintained, with air conditioning adjusted immediately at our request. The historical/archaelogical sites were interesting and well-explained. Lunch at the Rug Factory was delicious and the introduction to Turkish rug history and production was entertaining. While we were urged to consider making a purchase, there were no uncomfortable, high pressure sales tactics. I recommend without reservation.
Our tour guy did a great job. Would recommend her to others.
Guler was terrific! As it turned out, there were only 6 of us in our tour group, so we had a VERY personal tour with her. We appreciated so much her willingness to be upfront with us about the political situation in Turkey, and in fact, she shared her own personal opinions, which made the tour even more meaningful to us as Americans. We enjoyed everything about the tour - Guler was very knowledgeable about all that we saw and did And Ephesus is not to be missed - a highlight of our Med cruise, for sure.
Excursion was my favorite of the trip! Our guide was terrific, knowledgeable and adaptable to some of our limitations finding shade, etc. Lunch was amazing, outside at a large table where they kept bringing food which was terrific. Highly recommend.
Our tour guide was very knowledgable.
Excellent small group tour. There were 8 of us on the tour and the guide was very good. He gave us much of history as a group, but plenty of time to walk around on our own for pictures. The lunch was good. The carpet tour was very interesting and eventually turned into a sales pitch, but they were not real pushy. It did not detract from the tour.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and patient with our large group. Lunch was a delicious sampling of Turkish food. Seeing the women weave the rugs was fascinating but the sales people were a little aggressive. Overall I would recommend this tour.