- Private shore excursion from Kusadasi to Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary
- See historical sites like the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian and the Great Theater
- Visit the home where the Virgin Mary spent her final days
- Private tour guide for a more personalized experience
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Begin a downhill walk with your guide into the city's ruins. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater, one of the city’s best-preserved monuments, it is still used today for the local spring festival. It once had seating space for 24,000 people, and it is believed to be the site where St Paul preached to the Ephesians.
Then you will head to the House of Virgin Mary in the Solmissos Mountains. A place of great importance to Christians, the House of the Virgin Mary is where she spent her final days. A small shrine dedicated to St Mary was found here when the ruins of the house were first discovered.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.