Please note that Ephesus Museum will be closed until June 2015
- Private shore excursion from Kusadasi to Ephesus
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus, the House of Virgin Mary and the Basilica of St John
- Visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- See ancient artifacts at the Ephesus Museum
- Transport by private luxury vehicle for extra comfort
- Private tour guide for a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
You will then visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where Mary spent the last days of her life. The house was discovered in the 19th century after the repeated visions of a Catholic nun, Anne Catherine Emmerich, were published in a book. When the ruins of the house were discovered, a small shrine dedicated to St Mary was found there.
Next, see the graceful columns and mosaics that remain of the Basilica of St John, built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St John the Apostle. Enjoy the panoramic views of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis. This temple, also known as the Temple of Diana (the Roman goddess equivalent), was first built during the Archaic period and is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World .
Visit the Ephesus Museum, located near the entrance to the Basilica of St John, which displays excavations from the ancient city of Ephesus as well as frescoes and mosaics.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Kusadasi port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
It was one great experience,and our guide EMRE was awesome.The driver VEYSI too.The tour was so amazing ,we felt like we were getting a special treatment.We would recommend it to everyone.
Our guide was great. I wish we would have had more time in this port. The tour was the best.