- 7-hour tour to Ninjo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Kyoto Imperial Palace and Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Explore one of Japan’s most well-preserved cities by coach with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit two of Kyoto's World Heritage sites: Nijo Castle and Kinkaku-ji Temple
- Watch Japanese artists demonstrate traditional craft techniques at the Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Learn how to make your own Japanese craft during a hands-on workshop with a professional artist
- Enjoy a Japanese-style buffet lunch
- Includes pickup from selected Kyoto hotels
What You Can Expect
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August and December. Check out Ryoan-ji Temple, famed for its Zen gardens and temple as a replacement.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed Saturdays, Sundays and for public holidays. Explore Kitano-tenmangu Shrine, a key Shinto site celebrating the god of scholarship and education, instead.
Excellent tour and guide.
Was a great introduction to a fantastic city. The tour guide and bus driver were very professional, curteous and knowledgeable. Really enjoyed everything we saw and visited and ate! I was travelling with my six year old son and he also had a memorable trip. Definitely will recommend this tour to family and friends.
Excellent tour in every respect. Guide was very knowledgeable, locations excellent, bus and driver fault-less, even the group lunch was first rate. We were the only couple to undertake the Handicraft Centre activity after lunch and it was a unique experience - learning how to enamel and how to do woodblock printing. Highly recommend this tour and this company.
The tour was nice but the tour company had several buses go to each site at once as well as other tour companies. Each place was swarming with the same tour groups. Other than that, I enjoyed the tour.
Excellent tour! The tour guide was knowledgeable, funny and easy to understand. The bus was clean and well presented. The sites visited were amazing.
Taking the tour made one day of our trip a little less stressful.
Sometimes felt a little rushed, but understandable given that the tour had to be at the palace at a specific time.
Only the outside of the palace was visited - again, understandable, but not mentioned anywhere.
The food provided at lunchtime might not be to everyone's liking - certainly not a western style buffet!
We were able to walk the tour at our own pace and had plenty of opportunities for photos. Mickey the tour guide was fantastic; his English was easy to understand; he kept the group to time and well formed. Highly recommend this tour.
It was a good tour
ANTHONY S USA
Alright, except for the rushed Imperial Palace. Very disappointed in the afternoon tour to craft factory.