- 9-hour tour of Kyoto's cultural and historic attractions
- Discover top city highlights such as Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple and the Heian Shrine
- Explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace with your guide, once residence of Japan’s Imperial family
- Admire the Thousand Armed Kannon and the legion of 1,000 life-size statues at the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall
- Visit the Kiyomizu Temple and enjoy panoramic views over Kyoto from the temple’s terrace
- Tour includes a pickup from selected Kyoto hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our new life together starts ...Photo by: David S
- Gate of Kiyomizudera templePhoto by: Milan
- Historic Kyoto - full day tourPhoto by: Anonymous
- Kyoto Full-Day Sightseeing ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Kinkakuji Temple (Golden ...Photo by: JOSE F
- Heian Shrine, KyotoPhoto by: Mohamed A
South Korea, 04 2010
- Kyoto Imperial PalacePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Kiyomizu TemplePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Vernon M
USA, 07 2008
- KiyomizuderaPhoto by: Daniel J
- Bridge in the Imperial Palace ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Jomeimon Gate at the Imperial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Bridge at the Kyoto Imerial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- The Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Nijo CastlePhoto by: Spinmeout
- The Golden Temple PavilionPhoto by: Chay Jiam L
- AussichtPhoto by: Susann K
- TempelbergPhoto by: Susann K
What You Can Expect
My daughter and I felt the tour was very informative and it gave us a great overview of the area.
A great visit to the Kyoto highlights.
Fabulous sightseeing tour and it was very busy but well organised. It was a long day and tiring for a mature couple but worth it.
I had limited time in Kyoto so this was idea to be able to visit the major sites. it is essentially the morning tour and the afternoon tour with a lunch thrown in. Both tour leaders were fun and informative and gave us enough time to be able to have a quick look around despite it being a packed tour.
My only complaint would be on the lunch. We were on the second group to be called for lunch as our afternoon tour left later, but by the time we reached the lunch hall, there was hardly any food left, so didn't really get to eat much all day. It was a good thing I had some gummies on me to munch.
Really great tour. It was face paced, but that way you got to the see the maximum of sights in just one day. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. Lunch was poorly organized however.
Kyoto is just a stunning city to visit. By far my favorite city we visited while in Japan. This tour gives a full day of seeing some of the top spots of Kyoto. It rained the entire day, but our guide still took us everywhere and went out with us and happily explained all the buildings we got to see.
We had a wonderful time! We had 2 guides one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Both guides very knowledgeable, helpful and funny. I wish we had 1/2 an hour more to visit each landmark, though.
A must! We did this tour with our children ages 11 and 13 and it was a perfect way to see the highlights of Kyoto. The guide was super informative and our driver was wonderful. The bus is very comfortable, there are plenty of opportunities for photos, snacks, bathroom breaks - you won't feel rushed at all. A great way to see so much in one day! The lunch was very good and we appreciated the chance to look at souvenirs without any pressure to purchase although we did since the art centre has great items! I would highly recommend this tour!
a really memorable experience - everyone who visits Kyoto should see these sights
Tour guide was very interesting, friendly and informative, no matter what the question. The tour was well paced to provide sufficient time at each location and explored some very beautiful Kyoto sights.