- 9-hour tour of Kyoto's cultural and historic attractions
- Discover top city highlights such as Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple and the Heian Shrine
- Explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace with your guide, once residence of Japan’s Imperial family
- Admire the Thousand Armed Kannon and the legion of 1,000 life-size statues at the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall
- Visit the Kiyomizu Temple and enjoy panoramic views over Kyoto from the temple’s terrace
- Tour includes a pickup from selected Kyoto hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our new life together starts ...Photo by: David S
- Gate of Kiyomizudera templePhoto by: Milan
- Historic Kyoto - full day tourPhoto by: Anonymous
- Kyoto Full-Day Sightseeing ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Kinkakuji Temple (Golden ...Photo by: JOSE F
- Heian Shrine, KyotoPhoto by: Mohamed A
South Korea, 04 2010
- Kyoto Imperial PalacePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Kiyomizu TemplePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Vernon M
USA, 07 2008
- KiyomizuderaPhoto by: Daniel J
- Bridge in the Imperial Palace ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Jomeimon Gate at the Imperial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Bridge at the Kyoto Imerial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- The Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Nijo CastlePhoto by: Spinmeout
- The Golden Temple PavilionPhoto by: Chay Jiam L
- AussichtPhoto by: Susann K
- TempelbergPhoto by: Susann K
What You Can Expect
Venture first to Nijo Castle, a superficially deceptive structure that harbors a magnificent interior; stroll the lavishly decorated chambers and marvel at glittering gold leaf and opulent tones as your guide offers tales of the building’s heritage.
Next, absorb the sacred ambience of Kinkaku-ji Temple, a elegant ecclesiastical structure declared Kyoto’s most popular temple. Stroll the exquisitely beautiful Japanese garden and the celebrated Golden Pavilion before venturing to the next destination.
Satisfy cultural cravings at Kyoto Imperial Palace and marvel at the regal resplendence of the residence. Appreciate the simple and serene Japanese style as you explore opulent chambers and learn of ancient ceremonies that still occur within the walls.
Enjoy a moment of quiet reflection at the vibrant Heian Shrine then head to the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall and gaze at the 1,000 life-size statues that inhabit the grand hall. Conclude your tour with a leisurely stroll down a charming lane lined with pottery shops and arrive at Kiyomizu Temple. Marvel at panoramic vistas of the city from the vertiginous vantage point of a lofty terrace then return to your comfortable vehicle for the relaxing journey back to your hotel.
An excellent tour - this is a great way to see the highlights of Kyoto's many historical sites in one day.
Excellent very busy full day sightseeing tour of Kyoto.
Knowledgable and entertaining guides
Would highly recommend it
Jam packec, great value great lunch
Fabulous tour especially the visit to the Golden Pavillion and the Imperial Palace a highlight. Tour was well organised and our guide was excellent also. Highly recommended.
On this Kyoto Full-Day Tour we had an unforgettable experience. Our tour guide was very professional and knowledgeable, provided a lot off historical information about visited places. He provided great service. We had wonderful time in Kyoto.
Did an EXCELLENT job! Nice transportation - various pick up and drop off options. Lots of information given on the bus traveling and at the sites! Could not have asked for more! Tour guide was VERY knowledgable and congenital.
My daughter and I felt the tour was very informative and it gave us a great overview of the area.
A great visit to the Kyoto highlights.
Fabulous sightseeing tour and it was very busy but well organised. It was a long day and tiring for a mature couple but worth it.
I had limited time in Kyoto so this was idea to be able to visit the major sites. it is essentially the morning tour and the afternoon tour with a lunch thrown in. Both tour leaders were fun and informative and gave us enough time to be able to have a quick look around despite it being a packed tour.
My only complaint would be on the lunch. We were on the second group to be called for lunch as our afternoon tour left later, but by the time we reached the lunch hall, there was hardly any food left, so didn't really get to eat much all day. It was a good thing I had some gummies on me to munch.