- 9-hour tour of Kyoto's cultural and historic attractions
- Discover top city highlights such as Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple and the Heian Shrine
- Explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace with your guide, once residence of Japan’s Imperial family
- Admire the Thousand Armed Kannon and the legion of 1,000 life-size statues at the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall
- Visit the Kiyomizu Temple and enjoy panoramic views over Kyoto from the temple’s terrace
- Tour includes a pickup from selected Kyoto hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our new life together starts ...Photo by: David S
- Gate of Kiyomizudera templePhoto by: Milan
- Historic Kyoto - full day tourPhoto by: Anonymous
- Kyoto Full-Day Sightseeing ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Kinkakuji Temple (Golden ...Photo by: JOSE F
- Heian Shrine, KyotoPhoto by: Mohamed A
South Korea, 04 2010
- Kyoto Imperial PalacePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Kiyomizu TemplePhoto by: Eric H
USA, 10 2009
- Heian ShrinePhoto by: Vernon M
USA, 07 2008
- KiyomizuderaPhoto by: Daniel J
- Bridge in the Imperial Palace ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Jomeimon Gate at the Imperial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Bridge at the Kyoto Imerial ...Photo by: Spinmeout
- The Golden PavillionPhoto by: Spinmeout
- Nijo CastlePhoto by: Spinmeout
- The Golden Temple PavilionPhoto by: Chay Jiam L
- AussichtPhoto by: Susann K
- TempelbergPhoto by: Susann K
What You Can Expect
Venture first to Nijo Castle, a superficially deceptive structure that harbors a magnificent interior; stroll the lavishly decorated chambers and marvel at glittering gold leaf and opulent tones as your guide offers tales of the building’s heritage.
Next, absorb the sacred ambience of Kinkaku-ji Temple, a elegant ecclesiastical structure declared Kyoto’s most popular temple. Stroll the exquisitely beautiful Japanese garden and the celebrated Golden Pavilion before venturing to the next destination.
Satisfy cultural cravings at Kyoto Imperial Palace and marvel at the regal resplendence of the residence. Appreciate the simple and serene Japanese style as you explore opulent chambers and learn of ancient ceremonies that still occur within the walls.
Enjoy a moment of quiet reflection at the vibrant Heian Shrine then head to the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall and gaze at the 1,000 life-size statues that inhabit the grand hall. Conclude your tour with a leisurely stroll down a charming lane lined with pottery shops and arrive at Kiyomizu Temple. Marvel at panoramic vistas of the city from the vertiginous vantage point of a lofty terrace then return to your comfortable vehicle for the relaxing journey back to your hotel.
Excellently planned tour. While the schedule seemed packed, there was enough time to do sightseeing at each of the attractions with some time to spare. Considering that public transportation in Kyoto is more bus-centric than train-centric, this is a better choice than self-guided tours during busier seasons.
It was a nice tour and I will recommend to my friends.
Great tour, would not have been able to see this much in a day on our own. Tour guide was informative and helpful. Even got to see something we would not have had access to on our own. Great way to see a lot without trying to work it all out for yourself
Great way to see many of the sites in Kyoto in one day. I would have liked more time at the Golden Pavilion and Nijo Castle in the morning, but the time was sufficient to get great photos. More than enough time at lunch.
Both guides were very knowledgeable. The day was well organized except lunch was a little too long which made the day seem a bit long.
We would recommend it.
It was very informative, I had a lovely time on this tour. There was a large group of us and both our tour guides were lovely, funny and made us feel very welcomed.
Our tour guide was hilarious and made the day thoroughly enjoyable. The buffet lunch was great and the six attractions were well worth going to. Only downside is that we felt the full day was very long and the guide repeated himself a lot in the afternoon as new people joined after lunch.
An excellent tour - this is a great way to see the highlights of Kyoto's many historical sites in one day.
Excellent very busy full day sightseeing tour of Kyoto.
Knowledgable and entertaining guides
Would highly recommend it
Jam packec, great value great lunch