Very nice tour which contains of two tours divided by lunch. Professional and knowledgable guide.
Amazing! It had everything we could have wanted. it made seeing some of the top sights super easy and convenient.
What made the tour great were the warm, friendly, hospitable and knowledgeable guides. Well-organized and great tour overall.
Overall this tour was worth it, below are some key points of the two tours morning and afternoon.
1. The tour guide was awesome. She made jokes all morning and had lots of useful information. I learned a lot from her, not only about the tour locations we went to but about Kyoto while we drove around.
2. The tour was only slightly rushed in the morning, and only due to the Imperial Palace having strict arrival and departure rules. Overall we moved at a comfortable pace.
3. Every location we went to was worth the visit. None of the areas were too packed with people.
The lunch was a good Japanese meal. It wasn't the most amazing meal I have had, but It surpassed my expectations for a meal that was included in a tour. I left full and satisfied, the meal was prepared well and tasted good.
1. The tour guide for the afternoon tour was different then the morning. She was good, but I preferred the morning tour guide because she seemed to have more fun with jokes and interacting with us. The afternoon tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable. She kept us on schedule and informed with history of the areas we were in. She also taught us the correct way to enter temples and shrines.
2. The locations we visited in the afternoon seemed to be more full with tourists. I am not sure if that was due to the later in the day schedule or the locations.
3. Pacing was perfect. Never felt rushed and we covered a lot of ground.
If I had to choose between the morning or afternoon tours, I would select the afternoon one. The locations we covered were more interesting to me personally and the pacing perfect. The morning one is very much worth it though, so if you have time to do the full day tour I suggest it.
Tour guide was informative, helpful with a great sense of humor. Helped to get a feel for the city and history.
Great tour, very complete, we manage to visit 6 of the top 10 sights in Kyoto. Our guide was excellent and very informative and helpful
excellent guide and itinerary. I could never have covered as much territory in one day. Great overview of the main sites in Kyoto - which enabled us to do other sightseeing during the rest of our Kyoto stay, knowing we had seen the key places first. Highly recommend this tour as it is great value, lunch was excellent.
Everything was great, seeing all the temples and shrines was wonderful and our guides where fantastic. The only complaint would have to be the meal. It was extremely small, the main was apparently chicken but all we received was two tiny pieces, the tempura was cold by the time we got there also.
Must stop sites to see and explore. While you can't go into Nijo Castle, it was still magnificent to see this building along the small lake. Just gorgeous.
What was amazing about this tour was that they took you to an excellent variety of castles, shrines and temples, plus a great lunch included. All the while, never feeling rushed and like we had plenty of time at every location. It was great to have that many locations 6 total a lunch in 1 tour, which really gave you a great sense of the history and culture of Kyoto. Some tours try to squeeze a lot in and feel rushed, but not this one, although that was also because everything was close together, so that limited time spent on the road and bus. The tour guide was also excellent. Would recommend this tour to everyone looking to get a great sense of Kyoto history and culture in 1 day!
David F USA
We enjoyed the tour and the overview of the city. Our tour guide was fun and entertaining. Good lunch too!
The tour was informative and an excellent experience. We learnt a lot about Japanese culture and traditions and saw some interesting locations in Kyoto. Tour guide spoke excellent English and was enthusiastic, which made it even more enjoyable for us. I would recommend this tour.
The tour is very convenient and the lunch was great. Time saving. Great tour.
The tour was brilliant, really good guides, great lunch and some amazing historical sights!
This was a fantastic tour! We should have planned to be in Kyoto at least 2 full days. We learned so much and saw so many beautiful things.
Mickey the tour guide was excellent. Wonderful attitude and very helpful. Seemed to love his job. My only recommendation would be to consider seeing a real Buddha, a rock garden and/or the bamboo gardens.