Enjoy the sights of Kyoto on this morning tour. Visit Nijo Castle, marvel at the gold covered Kinkakuji Temple - Golden Pavilion, walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace - The emperor's residence until 1868 and enjoy buffet lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, where you will also have the opportunity to make your own woodwork print.
- Marvel at the Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple and Imperial Palace
- Watch traditional Japanese artists work their craft at the Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Make your own woodwork print under the direction of one the professionals
- Enjoy a western style buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup included from selected Kyoto hotels
What You Can Expect
Nijo Castle - The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion) - Kyoto's most popular temple is the home of perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese Garden, as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace - The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness. The residence of the Imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place.
Kyoto Handicraft Center - Enjoy a buffet lunch and shopping at Kyoto Handicraft Center. After lunch, enjoy making your own woodblock print or cloisonné (enamel on metal) with assistance of the English-speaking staff at the Handicraft Center.
Your tour will conclude at the Kyoto Handicraft Center where a free shuttle service is provided to major Kyoto hotels.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. During these dates, the tour will visit Kitano-tenmangu Shrine or Nishi Honganji Temple.
- Nijo Castle, will be closed every Tuesday in January, July, August and December. During these dates the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple, famed for its zen gardens and temple.
Excellent tour in every respect. Guide was very knowledgeable, locations excellent, bus and driver fault-less, even the group lunch was first rate. We were the only couple to undertake the Handicraft Centre activity after lunch and it was a unique experience - learning how to enamel and how to do woodblock printing. Highly recommend this tour and this company.